shape
carat
color
clarity

What if you don''t register?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
We were thinking of the presence is present enough and donate to our favorite animal shelter in the invites....

and kind of saying via word of mouth that if folks gotta give us something, cash is appreciated.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
It''s very interesting to hear everybody''s responses to this. I think a lot of is cultural and geographic. In my circle here in NYC, we buy registry gifts for the shower and give money for the wedding. It''s as simple as that, I never even consider anything else!

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/3/2007 12:18:27 PM
Author: curlygirl
It''s very interesting to hear everybody''s responses to this. I think a lot of is cultural and geographic. In my circle here in NYC, we buy registry gifts for the shower and give money for the wedding. It''s as simple as that, I never even consider anything else!

This is what I always do also but wish it was so simple when it comes to others. Actually, FI and I were talking about this yesterday when we went for a walk and we have figured out that we are likely to get money from most of my family (common practice in India) and many of our friends because we have given them money for their weddings. However, his family is a different issue, they are spread out across the US with most being from Michigan and from the South. Most of our alcohol vs. budget concerns and also our register or not issues are because of his side so I am going to leave the final decisions for both these issues up to him since he knows them better than I do . . .

It is cultural, geographic and socio-economic . . . and when you have 2 cultures, 2 or more geographic backgrounds and 2 different socio-economic backgrounds you have a big MESS . . .
6.gif

chickflick

Shiny_Rock

We''re in our thirties and we didn''t register. If anyone asked we just said that we preferred gift cards and most people were fine with that. One person did say something but oh, well. I didn''t ASK for money, after all. I only told people who asked me although the people who gave my shower did print it on the invitation against my wishes (I had only wanted it to say that it was a celebration, and if you felt led to give anything that our preference was for gift cards.)

I don''t see how asking for gift cards is any different than registering for gifts which is basically asking for presents, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results