clarity

What Hillary is Hiding

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1472598678|4071623 said:
Tekate|1472569458|4071438 said:
[

African Americans - 44-45% on are some sort of assistance, vs. White American 11%.. astounding... why?

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2013/08/21/through-good-times-and-bad-black-unemployment-is-consistently-double-that-of-whites/

one of the things we really need in this country is a better education system - especially for black kids.. we need stability, less crime, role models other than sports people for black kids.. middle and upper middle class blacks need to move closer to the problem, they are role models, although this is probably insane to think. We have institutionalized racism and white privilege.. pretty hard to beat if you are a black kid. my opinion based on life.

K-HS education are free for all races, but the kids themselves must learn to stay in school and not to drop out. Many of these black kids grew up in a single parent home w/o proper family supervision, plus their parents mostly likely grew up in the same type of family environment. Why are there so many young Asians in the medical and high tech field today? b/c most of these Asian kids were raised by both parents whom would push their kids to go to college to achieve a higher level of education.

A lot of Chinese immigrants of the 60's arrived in this country can't speak a word of English, but many have achieved middle class status within a generation. American born citizens are blaming society for their underachievement?.. :confused:

Tell me you don't understand why Chinese American's have achieved more than African American's? You must have read about it.

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-minorities-like-Asian-Americans-and-Jews-generally-succeed-more-than-other-minorities-like-blacks-and-Hispanics
http://www.asian-nation.org/model-minority.shtml

Yes education is free to students, and those who are rich can afford a better education. But:

http://hechingerreport.org/the-gap-between-rich-and-poor-schools-grew-44-percent-over-a-decade/

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2015/12/11/african-american-students-lagging-far-behind

Do we think it's all self motivation by Asian students? where i lived in Austin TX there was what 'some' parents called the "asian invasion' of wealthy, high tech asian parents - chinese, indian, korean -.. I cannot remember a time between 2005 and 2010 where the top 10 students at my sons high school were all white, or even 50% white, with most times the valedictorian or salutatorian were asian, all go to Harvard, Yale, Stanford, MIT, Vanderbilt, etc.. etc. so my boys marched through their high school years, one being a low low achiever! I mean like he graduated in the bottom 15% of a class that had over 700 kids! (salutatorian and rest of top 10 of his graduating class were all Asian, valedictorian was a very annoying girl from the neighborhood who wished she knew her classmates more and spent less time on homework! hahaha I thought her parents probably wanted to kill her). Segue 5 years later number 2 son, higher achiever in the 57% of his high school class, (and he had a 4.00 gpa, yup an A average and he was in the bottom half - get the idea of how this high school worked..) he was A/P scholar, he was in the top 10% of his class on his SAT scores, he finished one semester of college in high school, he was an Eagle scout, a good football player (600+ kids in his class).. all top 10 students except for one girl in his graduating class were Asian! do I really think that the kids down in east Austin were getting the same class of teacher, the same rah rah, the same 'extras' given my sons? nope I didn't, one because I worked with a woman from that 'part' of town and her kid didn't know what an A/P class was. Hahaha! .. I don't think that people, kids, anyone except a few can just go to A/P physics and get an A or B, I think you have to have your family behind you, you need to want it yourself, I could never take A/P Physics btw. Around my sons richy rich high school the snooty, snotty moms would say the Asian kids cheated! yup, I heard that all the time, so I asked my second son? Is this true? do these kids cheat? He said NOPE, he never saw one Asian kid cheat. So why do Asian kids (and before them, back in my day; Jewish kids), achieve and work harder in school?..after seeing it through my experience I'd say parent involvement, very very very high expectations from parents, self motivation, and cultural, the Asians I met (most of my neighbors).. sent their kids to Kumon, the Chinese sent their kids to similar programs, I sent my kids to football and soccer! my expectations were not as high for my sons as these parents had for their kids.. I also think I told my sons from birth, you will go to college, their father and mother were in the software business, with Dad being a pretty high level technical leader, patent holder.. they saw this, even though my first screwed up royally.. maybe Blacks are missing this? This all around picture of money, prestige, parental love and expectation of doing well, self motivation? perhaps black kids need to value education more, which in turn society needs to value them more, the white privilege is there every day for them, we don't see as we are white or asian, we fit in.. I'd say one thing is the role model of a black hood, a black cop, a black poor mom needs to change on TV etc.. First/second generation immigrants keep their culture at home and their kids go to school and fit in.. Blacks need to value education, and they need to see the value of an education, and finally yes, they need to stop feeling the victim, that is why Black Lives Matter is the start of valuing themselves.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1472589678|4071554 said:
Red states controlled by republicans have the highest welfare rates except Missouri (or at least at the time of the below article).

http://ijr.com/2015/01/230371-2-map-shows-red-states-rely-federal-aid-looks-can-deceiving/

one of the things we really need in this country is a better education system - especially for black kids.. we need stability, less crime, role models other than sports people for black kids.. middle and upper middle class blacks need to move closer to the problem, they are role models, although this is probably insane to think. We have institutionalized racism and white privilege.. pretty hard to beat if you are a black kid. my opinion based on life.

This article is misleading with "welfare" in quotes. It is taking into account all federal monies to states which would include transportation, dept. of defense, education and the like. Read the note under the first map. It is not just "federal welfare aid programs" as a percentage of state revenue.

I do believe the bolded wholeheartedly. And I will not carry "white guilt" at all, especially for those that do not help themselves. The truly poor, infirmed, and mentally ill of all colors will always need our help. JMHO.

Unfortunately, I do feel white guilt, I think it is infinitesimally easier for a white kid to make it in America, I do my best to try and change this by how I vote, where I put my money and to speak my mind.. Whites need to look at themselves and ask themselves how do I view a black kid coming down the street with a hoodie and a white kid coming down the street with an America First T-shit, both are 15 year old boys? both reflect their neighborhood, which is lower middle class.. for me this was an eye opener.

shaggy1

Shiny_Rock
vtigger86 said:
I do believe the bolded wholeheartedly. And I will not carry "white guilt" at all, especially for those that do not help themselves. The truly poor, infirmed, and mentally ill of all colors will always need our help. JMHO.
You should!... :Up_to_something: just like the Clintons ... [emoji317] whom made millions from the Clinton Foundation.
I didn't realize it was shady to make money... Sounds a bit un-American to me. Go, capitalism!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tekate|1472668275|4071960 said:
Red states controlled by republicans have the highest welfare rates except Missouri (or at least at the time of the below article).

http://ijr.com/2015/01/230371-2-map-shows-red-states-rely-federal-aid-looks-can-deceiving/

This article is misleading with "welfare" in quotes. It is taking into account all federal monies to states which would include transportation, dept. of defense, education and the like. Read the note under the first map. It is not just "federal welfare aid programs" as a percentage of state revenue.

Unfortunately, I do feel white guilt, I think it is infinitesimally easier for a white kid to make it in America, I do my best to try and change this by how I vote, where I put my money and to speak my mind.. Whites need to look at themselves and ask themselves how do I view a black kid coming down the street with a hoodie and a white kid coming down the street with an America First T-shit, both are 15 year old boys? both reflect their neighborhood, which is lower middle class.. for me this was an eye opener.

That is up to you T. I choose not to. I am cognizant of my surroundings when walking down a street no matter who is coming down it. Its only prudent. Its called situational awareness.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So during the past 8 yrs what did Prez. Obama do to improve the lives of black americans? ... :confused: The answer is NOTHING!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
shaggy1|1472672825|4071979 said:
vtigger86 said:
You should!... :Up_to_something: just like the Clintons ... [emoji317] whom made millions from the Clinton Foundation.
I didn't realize it was shady to make money... Sounds a bit un-American to me. Go, capitalism!
It is if you are a Republican... ;))

shaggy1

Shiny_Rock
vtigger86 said:
vtigger86 said:
You are not criticizing Republicans for making money.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
shaggy1|1472686915|4072039 said:
vtigger86 said:
vtigger86 said:
I have always believe in capitalism.. ;))

shaggy1

Shiny_Rock
vtigger86 said:
shaggy1|1472686915|4072039 said:
vtigger86 said:
vtigger86 said:

I have always believe in capitalism.. ;))

Unless Hillary is being capitalistic?

Why do I feel like I'm talking to Bill O'Reilly all of a sudden?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
shaggy1|1472687142|4072043 said:

Unless the Clintons are skimming millions from the foundation, but course not since she is so honest and never lied.
I only watch MSNBC.. :wink2:

shaggy1

Shiny_Rock
vtigger86 said:

Unless the Clintons are skimming millions from the foundation, but course not since she is so honest and never lied.
Skimming? They work there and I'm sure pay themselves well. The foundation would have no money at all if not for their personal fundraising.

It's like you're saying that Bill Gates should not be paid for running the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.

Seriously, I just don't get the controversy here.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
shaggy1|1472689246|4072054 said:
vtigger86 said:

Skimming? They work there and I'm sure pay themselves well. The foundation would have no money at all if not for their personal fundraising.
Very well!... :bigsmile:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are telling her to distance herself.. it's a good idea, republicans love to 'spin' everything!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
shaggy1|1472689246|4072054 said:
vtigger86 said:

It's like you're saying that Bill Gates should not be paid for running the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.

Seriously, I just don't get the controversy here.

They don't take a salary. I think they make their money giving speeches and showing up, like all ex presidents do.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1472686186|4072034 said:
So during the past 8 yrs what did Prez. Obama do to improve the lives of black americans? ... :confused: The answer is NOTHING!

Nothing special about Obama, why is there something special about him? Why should he have done anymore than Bush? What did Bush do for Black Americans. NOTHING. Obama cannot do much without Congress can he? no he can't, whatever good he could have done was ruined by the republicans in the second term. bummer but true.

http://www.blackenterprise.com/news/president-obamas-positive-track-record-for-helping-african-americans/

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1472688318|4072049 said:

Skimming? are you serious, you can't be, they file.. they have to account for the money in.. they have accountants, another vast right wing wingnut conspiracy... The daughter married a very wealthy guy, Bill just walks into a room and get's paid.. they are not skimming.. BUT have you ever read the wonderful things the foundation has done?

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1472681644|4072015 said:

That is up to you T. I choose not to. I am cognizant of my surroundings when walking down a street no matter who is coming down it. Its only prudent. Its called situational awareness.

Choose whatever you want R, and I am aware of situational awareness, I do when I drive, I do it when I walk down into an area I am not familiar with, but if you carry maybe you feel 'safer'? do you carry? everyone I knew in Texas carried.. (one of the many reasons I left that POS of a state).. Do you notice a white kid as much as a black or puerto rican? I can say when I was a kid in the Bronx, I was more aware of blacks and PRs.. when I was in Austin and I got lost after dropping hubby off at Bergstrom I was VERY VERY aware that I was lost in an area of non English speaking people, aware, I was scared very scared.. You know I don't choose to be feel guilty, otherwise I would choose not to, but I feel it when I had to explore ALL these feelings that I read that black men and women experience, I then realized that I was complicit in judging races differently, I was influenced by 48Hrs where everyone is black (or just about) I am working on being a better person and proud of it..

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tekate|1472698165|4072110 said:

Nothing special about Obama, why is there something special about him? Why should he have done anymore than Bush? What did Bush do for Black Americans. NOTHING. Obama cannot do much without Congress can he? no he can't, whatever good he could have done was ruined by the republicans in the second term. bummer but true.

http://www.blackenterprise.com/news/president-obamas-positive-track-record-for-helping-african-americans/

Where are they doing something for themselves and working with their local governments to clean up the crime in the cities? When anyone mentions that the black community needs to work on the family dynamic and have better role models that person is immediately labeled a racist. Why is the onus to "do something for african americans" on the federal government? All the policies to help poverty for decades have done nothing for them. Articles I have read say that law abiding people and business owners in crime ridden areas want police presence to round up loiterers so things don't get out of hand, but that type of policing is profiling and racist according to activists/social justice warriors. If the communities don't work together to fix it then it just stays broken. Then you have race baiters come out to stir the pot. It takes the whole community to decide to work together and it will be local, not the federal government, to get it done. You can't mandate morals and expect a good outcome.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1472699511|4072123 said:

Where are they doing something for themselves and working with their local governments to clean up the crime in the cities? When anyone mentions that the black community needs to work on the family dynamic and have better role models that person is immediately labeled a racist. Why is the onus to "do something for african americans" on the federal government? All the policies to help poverty for decades have done nothing for them. Articles I have read say that law abiding people and business owners in crime ridden areas want police presence to round up loiterers so things don't get out of hand, but that type of policing is profiling and racist according to activists/social justice warriors. If the communities don't work together to fix it then it just stays broken. Then you have race baiters come out to stir the pot. It takes the whole community to decide to work together and it will be local, not the federal government, to get it done. You can't mandate morals and expect a good outcome.

Meh, I have said that blacks need better role models and need to take ownership of their futures, and the BLM movement is a start. Blacks can get all the education in the world, but if they can't get hired by a whites then it's moot, there is where the work is needed, people who think that all blacks have to do is study and all will be fine, not. Can't profile, can't profile whites or blacks.. BECAUSE when you profile blacks then one ends up pulling in a lot of good people who don't think it's fair. I knew a woman in Austin, Mexican descent who said she was pulled over at least 5X a year and every time she could not find exactly why, she was 50ish, in a mom van.. I was never pulled over once in Austin in a mom Ford Explorer, but I am white.. Our constitution allows us the right to assemble, if they are on pubic property they can stay there till the cows come home, it's in our constitution, our 'founders' believed in it.
http://www.firstamendmentcenter.org/assembly-on-private-property

What is race baiter are you referring to Mr. Sharpton? (sorry but the race baiter comment sounds so much like Briebart I had to throw that in for fun!).. I'm not black, I'm a white, older, somewhat wealthy woman. It does take the whole community to make things better, it takes good role models, it takes assistance, it takes belief in oneself, a family that backs each other up, it takes education. I would say that the onus is on the federal government in conjunction with state, and local representatives, we can't trust say North Carolina to not try to dilute the black vote or even stop it.. so we need the feds... I write from my heart, and my experiences and my reading, my life and what I feel is right..

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Which is exactly where I write from T. But if the community is asking for something to be done because loiterers are causing trouble then you just forfeited your right to assemble. No loitering laws exist in cities.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
he could have during his first 2 yrs when the Dems. had the majority in both house and senate. He doesn't even care about all the violences happening in his home town of Chicago.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tekate|1472700541|4072127 said:
Meh, I have said that blacks need better role models and need to take ownership of their futures, and the BLM movement is a start.
Start what?..riots on the street? When was the last time you saw Asian minority racial group rioting on the street?

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1472701101|4072130 said:
Which is exactly where I write from T. But if the community is asking for something to be done because loiterers are causing trouble then you just forfeited your right to assemble. No loitering laws exist in cities.

Are you saying that the constitution should be changed? I don't think it would go down.. these are rights, like gun rights (not that I agree with the good old militia theory but the supremes did so that is the way it goes)... I'm willing - as a democrat - to enact laws that stop loitering if the right is willing to change the right to bear arms rights to reflect a modern world.. I'm very game for this. There are some loitering laws, in Chicago for instance you can't loiter with the intent to commit an organized gang type crime, planning etc.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1472708380|4072150 said:
Tekate|1472700541|4072127 said:
Meh, I have said that blacks need better role models and need to take ownership of their futures, and the BLM movement is a start.
Start what?..riots on the street? When was the last time you saw Asian minority racial group rioting on the street?

About the same time I saw an Asian getting shot in the back by a cop, running away. How many Asian's are denied jobs because of racism?

http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/asianamericans-graphics/

Asian Americans are for the most part highly educated, would you say the culture of Asian American's is the same as Black American's, or Irish Americans (me).. or Jewish Americans? So, Black American's need to culturally change is a take on this problem, like Herman Cain or Ben Carson, or Clarence Thomas.. great black American role models, a serial cheater himself (Cain), Ben Carson (a liar), Clarence Thomas (a sexual harrasser).. I suppose it comes down to this: Black America needs to find a place in America that makes them feel equal.. BLM is a start, a start to say out loud their lives matter, they matter.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1472706166|4072143 said:
he could have during his first 2 yrs when the Dems. had the majority in both house and senate. He doesn't even care about all the violences happening in his home town of Chicago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_100_days_of_Barack_Obama%27s_presidency

He did what he could. He's president of the USA not mayor of Chicago. What did Bush do for American blacks, not much.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/03/grading-the-presidents-on-race-115639

How do you know he doesn't care about Chicago? He's not the president of Illinois only.. you can't win with people, if he were running around on the corners of Chicago people would say he only cares about blacks.. what is he to do? states rights and all..

shaggy1

Shiny_Rock
The wording is the right to peaceably assemble. Note peaceably.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup peaceably.. not shooting each other, or stabbing each other, or beating each other up.. Loitering, hanging out, chatting, laughing, standing, that is all peacefully hanging.. BUT I see the reason why people don't like it, often where there is a group there is fire. I saw it as a kid. Understandably businesses don't want people loitering. We cannot just pull them wily nily off the street through, that is against the law and profiling. I'd say it was a conundrum

shaggy1

Shiny_Rock
Tekate said:
Yup peaceably.. not shooting each other, or stabbing each other, or beating each other up.. Loitering, hanging out, chatting, laughing, standing, that is all peacefully hanging.. BUT I see the reason why people don't like it, often where there is a group there is fire. I saw it as a kid. Understandably businesses don't want people loitering. We cannot just pull them wily nily off the street through, that is against the law and profiling. I'd say it was a conundrum
I live in an area with a lot of groups loitering... Haight Ashbury. So I sympathize with the business owners but I do think people have a right to stand around. We have had local laws passed against sitting on the sidewalk which I think are wrong because they do infringe on basic rights.. I see a lot of the groups loitering in front of the post office. I doubt anyone tries to roust them there.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results