shape
carat
color
clarity

What happened to cherrypicked.com ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
The site has been down for a while.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
How long? That''s weird...

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 11:56:13 PM
Author: FrekeChild
How long? That''s weird...
at least a week.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Strange. They told me that they''d be relaunching at the beginning of this year. that didn''t happen, of course. I''ve also been trying to reach them by phone.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Oh no, I hope they aren''t having problems :-/
They seem like nice people.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve never actually dealt with them, but I hope they''re fine.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe they''re having web issues. Even Steve Lembeck has a new website. I waited forever and I think it''s finally up.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 10:27:07 PM
Author: Chrono
Maybe they''re having web issues. Even Steve Lembeck has a new website. I waited forever and I think it''s finally up.
Hope that''s the case, I love their site.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/26/2009 10:31:15 PM
Author: Kaleigh

I hope so too because they need to remove the tons of sold items which really doesn''t help the prospective buyer. Also, a lot of the items posted have been sitting there with nothing new shown.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 9:46:43 PM
Author: Harriet
Strange. They told me that they''d be relaunching at the beginning of this year. that didn''t happen, of course. I''ve also been trying to reach them by phone.
No luck on the phone either?

I got a series of emails from them - 14 weeks with 14 stones/week [or maybe it was some other number, like 8] - but I can''t remember when that was. I got a Christmas card from Richard and Jerrold and I think I have been to the site this year. I did notice that it was down [and still is] for at least a week or so.

Have you tried to call Jerrold at Reginald C. Miller, Inc.?

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I did too DB, they had gorgeous stones too.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 11:18:58 PM
Author: DiamanteBlu

Date: 2/26/2009 9:46:43 PM
No luck on the phone either?

I got a series of emails from them - 14 weeks with 14 stones/week [or maybe it was some other number, like 8] - but I can''t remember when that was. I got a Christmas card from Richard and Jerrold and I think I have been to the site this year. I did notice that it was down [and still is] for at least a week or so.

Have you tried to call Jerrold at Reginald C. Miller, Inc.?
I''ll try the Reggie Miller office. Maybe I should just stop by?

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 12:09:46 AM
I''ll try the Reggie Miller office. Maybe I should just stop by?

Let us know what you find.

brendaman

Shiny_Rock
I noticed their site was down two weeks ago and tried to call them for a meeting as I was in NYC, and I couldn''t get a hold of anybody. Hmmm. That''s quite strange.

RubyCharm

Shiny_Rock
I emailed Richard about it a few days ago and this is what he replied to me (Richard, I hope you don''t mind my sharing this information with other PS members who also miss your website
7.gif
):

"Our webhosting service - once listed in the top 3 - was purchased a few years ago by another company and subsequently I noticed a change in the service and quality of tech help. But as the old saying goes, "don''t fix it unless it''s broke" I let well enough alone and now it''s come back to haunt me.

On 2/9 or thereabouts, the server I was on crashed and my site went down. The hosting service said I would be up within a few hours. Hours turned to days and I was then advised to migrate to a new server. Even that was botched by my webhost and now many days later, I find myself embroiled in a dispute that will have serious legal consequences for the webhost.

For now, I''ve been advised not to re-direct the site until the purported "systems administrator" has completed his task - a task that was to have taken "a day or so" and is now extending into a week.

I''m bereft that I remain in limbo unable to inform my clients (for legal reasons) of the above unless I am asked as you''ve asked in this email.

I am committed to seeing CherryPicked surface from this unfortunate event and look forward to keeping you apprised."

In case you need it, this is his contact information:

e-mail: [email protected]
phone: 877-384-8023

7.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I noticed that about a week ago too. I remember someone asking about a purple sapphire, and I looked on the site (because I remember a nice one being up there) and the site was down.

I hope that it gets worked out too, the owner has seemed to have a series of unfortunate events over the last year

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well at least we know what''s going on now. I hope they go back up soon.

bar01

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 10:33:25 PM

I hope so too because they need to remove the tons of sold items which really doesn''t help the prospective buyer. Also, a lot of the items posted have been sitting there with nothing new shown.

I miss browsing their site ! I have bought several gems from them over the years...The sold items have helped me quite a bit as it was a great database of past gems and what their prices were.

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
Let's hope that the fix also means a clean up... some lovely stuff there, but it's all sold. I see the point about it being useful, but a flag to filter it out would be useful!

Anyway - the main thing is that the site gets back up soon. It is still down now.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/5/2009 1:02:44 PM
Author: Bertrand

Date: 2/26/2009 10:33:25 PM

I miss browsing their site ! I have bought several gems from them over the years...The sold items have helped me quite a bit as it was a great database of past gems and what their prices were.
The thing is prices can vary depending upon a new find and demand/supply. I''ve noticed that prices do go up drastically on certain stones recently so the old pricing just makes me wish I had purchased them years ago.
9.gif

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
It''s now up and running again!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wohoo! Time for eye candy.
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results