shape
carat
color
clarity

What happen to the Regent Cut?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

owen

Rough_Rock
I am new to posting, but have read with interest previous talks about the Regent cut. I recently bought a 2.57 Regent H VVS2 with excellent symmetry and polish. It was sold at the dealers cost, which i believe to be true or at least close to his cost. It is absolutely brilliant, so I was wondering if anyone knows why these are no longer being offered. It took some time to find this one, which i believe was cut in early 2005. Any ideas?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Owen, welcome to the forum.

If I remember correctly, original developers of the Regent cut have sold it to another company. Since then it has kind of disappeared from our radar...

owen

Rough_Rock
21.gif
Where would be a good non-bias place for an apprasial. I got one for insurance purposes from the dealer. Any ideas on what one would expect to pay for a Regent 2.57 VVS2 H excellent polish/symmetry table 60%x66.1% per GIA?

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Owen Welcome to P-scope...I have a Regent too...bought about 3 1/2 years ago - ish...

I used Richard Sherwood as my appraiser he is independant...and located in Florida...Sarasota Gem Labs...I can recommend him highly and know he is familiar wiht the cut

I believe admin is correct that the original people who made the Regent sold it to another company to cut...they aren''t many around...

I did have a thread in the ''Show Me The Ring" forum that was Regent pictures...it might still be there....

icemyster

Shiny_Rock
Regents are no longer in production and the cutters inventory of regents has been recut. That was the last I heard on the subject from the cutters. Rich Sherwood is a great choice of appraiser...Good Luck!

owen

Rough_Rock
Thanks for yall''s reply (yes, "yall" is acceptable if your in the south). Not to beat a dead horse, but does anyone know why they are not being cut? Granted I''m a novice, but i think the regent is superb. Is there some reason why these were/are not desirable? It peaks my curosity that i have just purchased one and they have not only stopped cutting them, but are actually recutting the already cut regents. I would never trade this stone, as its awesome, but i am concerned about the future value. I plan to give this as an engagement ring soon. I appreciate the information. Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results