shape
carat
color
clarity

What e-ring would look best with this w-band??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
So I am still no closer to deciding on an e-ring style. But in my wanderings I did manage to find the wedding band of my dreams! Yes, I am jumping just a little ahead of myself. LOL
11.gif

So I figured that maybe I should work backwards! Start with the wedding ring style and try to figure out what style e-ring would work with it. This is where you guys come in. I would love your opinons and feedback.

What do you think would look best with this wedding band from dimend scaasi?
wed01C.jpg

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
I love that band. I actually wanted a very similar one.
30.gif

How about something like this? It''s not exactly like your band, but it could give you an idea.
DM15500700_AB15500400_PR_100_zoom.jpg

singer

Brilliant_Rock
I think it would look awesome with a solitaire setting!!! I also considered a band just like that when I had my RB in its original solitaire mounting. I love it!
30.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
How ''bout this Vera Wang ring ... as you can see she''s paired it with something similar to your "dream" w-band.

Also, check out Precision Set''s stuff ... they make a similar band also paired with erings that fit flush.

verawangfan5.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
How about a solitaire. Or a ring with baguette sidestones. I think it is a very classy band and you shouldn''t have too many problems finding an e-ring to look great with it. Keep us updated!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
you could do and emerald cut stone..

2754.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
Wren,

Aren''t you going to have a sapphire as your center stone? Paired with baguettes and that wedding ring, all the white around it would really make it pop!

What about something like this?

1AA4.jpg

or...

2CAB.jpg

...depending on the shape of your sapph.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2006 3:00:19 PM
Author: mrssalvo
you could do and emerald cut stone..

2754.jpg

Ya know what I never understand about these emerald sets ... the prongs ALWAYS look "blobby" ... all the other lines in the piece are straight, angular, clean and then they stick riduculously rounded blobby prongs on to ruin everything.

I saw a Nelson Rarities ring with gentle wrapped corners for an emerald (wish I had the pix). Wish other folks would try something different for emeralds!!!!

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Admittedly my input into my e-ring is a bit limited. I can show him examples of things I like, that just happen to be attached to links to good sites.
2.gif
And I don't see how he could fail to notice that 2/3rds of the ring examples I emailed him have sapphires...
5.gif
It does add a lot of mystery and suspense to the whole process, since it's not exactly up in the air wether or not he'll ask me! (when, yes. If, no.)
He did express a little bit of dismay over the fact that I sent him pics of ring styles that ranged from semi-bezel (3 types), x-prong (w/ and w/o channel set diamonds), stepped art-deco (from NSC), antique, to (last but not least) the classic 6-prong tiffany like MM's starburst or that pretty knife-edge currently being shown off in another thread. And on a <3k budget no less! I should feel pity, but I can't quite manage it.
3.gif
Did I mention I'm having trouble deciding? LOL

Thing is I have the feeling that most of those will look ... odd with that geometric band. Although I do think that mixing round shapes with long rectangles is a lovely art-decoish design, it still needs to be a mixture of geometric shapes not organic and geometric to work. Don't you think?

saturn

Shiny_Rock
Well, I personally love the rings Ebree posted.
But if you are looking for a more "geometric" look, what about an emerald cut with baguette sides?
I just love this look:

emd_bagsides.jpg

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
I like the picture Deco posted. That''s pretty!

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2006 4:12:35 PM
Author: saturn
Well, I personally love the rings Ebree posted.

But if you are looking for a more 'geometric' look, what about an emerald cut with baguette sides?
I love the top ring Ebree posted in particular. And thank you all for the emerald cut pics, I hadn't thought of those before. They do look really nice with that style.
Circles are geometric.. aren't they? I meant that I couldn't see the band with something a bit more organic like the trellis x-prong (from the side it's rather curvy which I like).

gi_DV-534_m.jpg

Ok, I like everything.
19.gif
No wonder my bf wants to choose on his own!

GGLW

Shiny_Rock
How about this one also from Dimend Scaasi? It looks like it has the same side stones...
Tried to attach it but don''t know how to make it small enough! I don''t have photoshop...
Asscher Center with baguette sides

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
If you like the round/baguette look, this is pretty and might look good with your band.
DM15500600_AB15500300_RD_100_zoom.jpg

Or what about an asscher?
DM15500700_AB15500400_AS_100_zoom.jpg

DM15503600_AS_100_zoom.jpg

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2006 6:36:26 PM
Author: GGLW
How about this one also from Dimend Scaasi? It looks like it has the same side stones...

Tried to attach it but don''t know how to make it small enough! I don''t have photoshop...

Asscher Center with baguette sides

Ooooh! I hadn''t seen that one!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results