shape
carat
color
clarity

What does wearing lipstick mean to you?

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I've been obsessed with Besame lipstick.

The reds stay on even after meals. I'll put them on randomly at home, but don't bother with them when I go out because... lazy. My masks tent away from my mouth and they won't smear, so I suppose I can wear it when I go back to work in person, but still... lazy.

Eta pics, I think they bring out the colors of my pearls LOL. This is the Mary Poppins red from Besame.

Attachments

• IMG_1318.jpg
    IMG_1318.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1320.jpg
    IMG_1320.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

voce

Ideal_Rock
I like chapstick or lip gloss, not so much lipstick, but then again I'm not the type to do anything to please men. I don't wear any other type of makeup, not even foundation, unless it happens to be sunscreen. I don't even want to attract the type of man who would expect me to "package" myself for him. I wear lipstick only because other ladies like to gift me with these things, and occasionally the color might match my outfit, so I wear it once or twice to show them I've used their gift.

If I worked a more interesting job, say espionage, I'd probably consider lipstick as a means of disguise.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perhaps it’s an age thing; perhaps it’s a Southern girl thing, but I am not dressed until I put on my lipstick. And yes, even underneath my mask.

You could just rock this ... ;))

Kiss kiss.png

Last edited:

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I feel naked without lipstick but don’t like how it makes my lips feel chapped, so I wear tinted chapstick, like Burts Bees lip shimmer shown here. Not only is it pretty saturated in color, it is really moisturizing and even minty, just like a chapstick. I have 3 shades of this “chapstick” which I alternate depending on what I’m wearing. A78D3D4F-4B82-4C09-A4D1-01486964AF55.jpeg

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been obsessed with Besame lipstick.

The reds stay on even after meals. I'll put them on randomly at home, but don't bother with them when I go out because... lazy. My masks tent away from my mouth and they won't smear, so I suppose I can wear it when I go back to work in person, but still... lazy.

Eta pics, I think they bring out the colors of my pearls LOL. This is the Mary Poppins red from Besame.
That is a beautiful red! Thanks for the recommendation. I don’t wear lipstick cos I don’t like reapplying it but this is such a nice colour I’m tempted.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
That is a beautiful red! Thanks for the recommendation. I don’t wear lipstick cos I don’t like reapplying it but this is such a nice colour I’m tempted.

I usually don't wear lipstick either, but their colors and packaging are beautiful. A friend gave me the Mickey Mouse set and I was hooked. I love playing with pearls and lipstick at 2am when the whole house is quiet, my newfound pearl obsession goes perfectly with vintage red lips!

Funny how some people associate makeup with impressing men, most people I know only wear makeup when they hang out with their girlfriends or when they're bored at home. The only time I've put on lipstick and concealer for zoom was during an all-ladies happy hour, and only because I didn't want to look like a zombie. I don't care if men think I look like the undead. :lol:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like chapstick or lip gloss, not so much lipstick, but then again I'm not the type to do anything to please men. I don't wear any other type of makeup, not even foundation, unless it happens to be sunscreen. I don't even want to attract the type of man who would expect me to "package" myself for him. I wear lipstick only because other ladies like to gift me with these things, and occasionally the color might match my outfit, so I wear it once or twice to show them I've used their gift.

If I worked a more interesting job, say espionage, I'd probably consider lipstick as a means of disguise.

My SIL says if she is high maintenance then i am now maintance (not at all true -i just don't do lipstick and have never been able to afford a $300 trip to a beauty salon

Who wants a man that wants a dolly bird in the first place !

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I usually don't wear lipstick either, but their colors and packaging are beautiful. A friend gave me the Mickey Mouse set and I was hooked. I love playing with pearls and lipstick at 2am when the whole house is quiet, my newfound pearl obsession goes perfectly with vintage red lips!

Funny how some people associate makeup with impressing men, most people I know only wear makeup when they hang out with their girlfriends or when they're bored at home. The only time I've put on lipstick and concealer for zoom was during an all-ladies happy hour, and only because I didn't want to look like a zombie. I don't care if men think I look like the undead. :lol:
I know! I’ve never worn makeup for a man, I like it for myself. And I know that’s probably overlaid with social expectations of what a woman should look like so it’s actually difficult to really say it’s for me not men. But that’s why I wear it. I feel more defined and polished. I still seldom wear lipstick and I must admit now that I have pale pink hair, working out which red is right is a bit harder!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can’t do lipstick. The skin on my lips is insanely sensitive, and always very dry - if I don’t have a chapstick available every four or five hours it’s a crisis!

I love Hurraw’s Black Cherry. Vegan ingredients, not wax-based (I’d have candles forming in my innards if I used wax chapsticks) and the tint is just enough to add a touch of colour ❤️

I can honestly say that I have never once made a connection between the colour of my lips and the colour of any other part of my body :lol: And I’m pretty sure none of the other women in my daily world have either!

Last edited:

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock
I use LipSense every day.
I love that it lasts all my working day (I do apply gloss but would withoutit anyway)

Other lipstick I “eat” in no time.... or get it on clothing etc.
Not anymore.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Wearing lipstick means, just, that--I am wearing lipstick (in the car, going a far, sailing to the stars.....)

cheers--Sharon

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have gray hair, pale skin, gray thin eyebrows and thin pale lips. If I don't pencil my brows and apply some lip color I'm practically featureless. Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 9.19.23 PM.png

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing I guess. I don't wear any lipstick, or lip balm. Nothing.

paragon1234

Shiny_Rock
Wearing lipstick means to me that my lifetime consumption of lipstick increases. Since it's not food I'd rather not.

I don't wear makeup anyway. No one seems to notice when I do.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do what I like - some days no makeup, some days the works - and I do it for me and for no one else. I wear makeup because I look significantly better with it than without. I often wear a full face when home alone, or nothing to go out, and vice versa. It varies, and I please no one but myself when it comes to makeup.

I think the theories about blush mimicking a post-sex glow and lipstick making you look like a vagina or a baboon's bottom are all garbage. The reason well-applied makeup looks very nice is due to the contrast and definition the colors provide, the same as in a painting. You can create depth and shadow and light and dark, and beautiful coloring. Makeup can be very artistic.

If you know the color wheel, you can use it to enhance your features. Peach lipstick and /or eyeshadow if you have blue eyes, for example, since orange and blue are opposite each other on the color wheel.

To answer the question: To me, lipstick means my mother. She loved her lipstick and she used to say, cheerfully, "It brightens up your face!" I never used to wear it a lot, but since she died I wore it more, and I have discovered some truly beautiful lipstick shades out there. The right lipstick colors make your eyes stand out and your skin look good, and they draw attention to those things, instead of to the lipstick itself.

I have recently discovered Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks, and they're amazing.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's a great YouTube video of someone showing what 37 different Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks look like on the lips, and it's under 4 minutes long. I bet there's something for everyone here!

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
@Jambalaya i love that lipstick makes your mom feel a bit closer, I'm sorry for your loss

Lipstick/blush for me (the rare times i wear it) means my face has some color & i look less like a ghost.
Comparing makeup to body parts makes me uncomfortable what can i say

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
I do what I like - some days no makeup, some days the works - and I do it for me and for no one else. I wear makeup because I look significantly better with it than without. I often wear a full face when home alone, or nothing to go out, and vice versa. It varies, and I please no one but myself when it comes to makeup.

I think the theories about blush mimicking a post-sex glow and lipstick making you look like a vagina or a baboon's bottom are all garbage. The reason well-applied makeup looks very nice is due to the contrast and definition the colors provide, the same as in a painting. You can create depth and shadow and light and dark, and beautiful coloring. Makeup can be very artistic.

If you know the color wheel, you can use it to enhance your features. Peach lipstick and /or eyeshadow if you have blue eyes, for example, since orange and blue are opposite each other on the color wheel.

To answer the question: To me, lipstick means my mother. She loved her lipstick and she used to say, cheerfully, "It brightens up your face!" I never used to wear it a lot, but since she died I wore it more, and I have discovered some truly beautiful lipstick shades out there. The right lipstick colors make your eyes stand out and your skin look good, and they draw attention to those things, instead of to the lipstick itself.

I have recently discovered Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks, and they're amazing.

I love Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks. The texture is divine & they never bleed:kiss2:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Jambalaya i love that lipstick makes your mom feel a bit closer, I'm sorry for your loss

Lipstick/blush for me (the rare times i wear it) means my face has some color & i look less like a ghost.
Comparing makeup to body parts makes me uncomfortable what can i say

Thanks, Polabowla.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel naked without lipstick but don’t like how it makes my lips feel chapped, so I wear tinted chapstick, like Burts Bees lip shimmer shown here. Not only is it pretty saturated in color, it is really moisturizing and even minty, just like a chapstick. I have 3 shades of this “chapstick” which I alternate depending on what I’m wearing. A78D3D4F-4B82-4C09-A4D1-01486964AF55.jpeg
I just bought this and I really like it! I bought the fig color bc I’m pretty tan and it’s really moisturizing plus I like the minty flavor.
I’m normally a carmex girl.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love lipstick! Red is very powerful. I have enough tubes of lipstick for every woman on here. I love a bright red or coral, it makes my eyes look bluer and my hair blonder. If I could choose one make up it would be lipstick. I love Charlotte Tillbury!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I just bought this and I really like it! I bought the fig color bc I’m pretty tan and it’s really moisturizing plus I like the minty flavor.
I’m normally a carmex girl.

Fig is my color too! I only bought Raisin and Watermelon when they were out of Fig.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fig is my color too! I only bought Raisin and Watermelon when they were out of Fig.

I want another color. How do you like the raisin and watermelon?

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Raisin I like, but watermelon is too pale and pastel on my skin.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have no idea if the article is true but I do think lipstick looks fabulous on anyone! I wear it every day but it's mostly neutral tones, rarely wear bright or bold colours as I worry to much about it migrating all over my teeth/face.... :lol:

Lovecarats

Rough_Rock
I love lipstick, lipbalm, etc. However, I love makeup in general. I wear a mask all day (even before COVID because of work and I STILL wear some kind of lip product. If you're a makeup lover, you learn tricks to keep it on.
That said, I don't do it because of any of the reasons in the article. I do it because I like it. It's fun.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results