shape
carat
color
clarity

What does this mean?

Monica M

Rough_Rock
I was looking around and saw a listing for golden SSP w a too good to be true price. They listed materials as Pearl and Shell...is this a fake?

Thank you,
monica

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
If you mean they're shell pearls, those are imitation pearls made from shell.

We might be able to help more with photos and the actual listing, if you have access to them.

Monica M

Rough_Rock
If you mean they're shell pearls, those are imitation pearls made from shell.

We might be able to help more with photos and the actual listing, if you have access to them.

My post is asking if they are fake (shell pearls instead of legimate pearls) Here is the link to the listing. The seller insist they are authentic and its just an 'Etsy' category and will even give a certificate of authenticity but I suppose anyone can make one of those up... https://www.etsy.com/listing/792567802/rare-aaaa-champagne-natural-color-golden

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those look like genuine golden SSP to me. See how the colors vary just ever so slightly among the pearls? An imitation (shell pearl) stand would not look like that. It would be unnaturally uniform.

I think the shell part referred to is the bead nucleus. It's an Etsy thing.

Edited to add: I took a quick look at her other pearl listings. They look right, too.

Monica M

Rough_Rock
Those look like genuine golden SSP to me. See how the colors vary just ever so slightly among the pearls? An imitation (shell pearl) stand would not look like that. It would be unnaturally uniform.

Edited to add: I took a quick look at her other pearl listings. They look right, too.

Thank you @pearlsngems, I'm still learning and definitely want to be able to spot the 'fakes' (which is probably hard to do)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Agreed

Jessinaces

Rough_Rock
Trade
My post is asking if they are fake (shell pearls instead of legimate pearls) Here is the link to the listing. The seller insist they are authentic and its just an 'Etsy' category and will even give a certificate of authenticity but I suppose anyone can make one of those up... https://www.etsy.com/listing/792567802/rare-aaaa-champagne-natural-color-golden avatar game

I agree, it's easy to create those legal papers. The current techniques of deceiving people are very sophisticated.

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
They look real and the description identifies the 'bead' as Pearls. The price is probably a reflection of the pale colour and small size. Seems normal retail to me.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
I asked a reputable Etsy vendor about the "Pearl and shell" description, and it's an Etsy category that sellers have no control over nor choice of using.

Monica M

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone. I appreciate your input.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results