shape
carat
color
clarity

What does this mean??

diamondgirl5k

Shiny_Rock
4F4D0407-209F-45B6-B719-C1CF4C5E11B0.jpeg Hello, I was wondering if someone could tell me what the comment means on my grs certificate. Is my ruby glass filled? Would you consider this to be a good stone?

Thanks!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's what I found about the code:

H(b)
Enhanced by heat – minor residues are present (within fissures only)

Clarity and/or color are enhanced by heat. Minor residues of glass-like materials are present in fissures. Enhancements such as ‘B-type treatment’ are considered permanent and will always be mentioned on the front page of the report.

It doesn't seem as bad as largely glass-filled stones (which would be H(d))

AV_

Ideal_Rock
This is the riddle for H(b) WWW - GRS defined degrees of structural change from heat treatment.

ED-XRF, Energy Dispersive X-ray Fluorescence, is the method used to identify the treatment.

2c

diamondgirl5k

Shiny_Rock
This is the riddle for H(b) WWW - GRS defined degrees of structural change from heat treatment.

ED-XRF, Energy Dispersive X-ray Fluorescence, is the method used to identify the treatment.

2c
So the structure changed from the heat but there was no filling? Is this considered a good ruby?

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Yes to the first question.

I am just aware that GRS splits types of heat treatment in this many ways & do not known how they are perceived. The world of large ruby is very small.

The ranking seems high enough to not be a stigma.

What the stone looks like must still matter & I have not seen it; tone, modifyers of red, saturation, clarity, cut...

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
So the structure changed from the heat but there was no filling? Is this considered a good ruby?
Thank you for asking! I had the same question,

Reactions: AV_
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results