Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry. No idea.

Deb
:wavey:

DSilverberg

Rough_Rock
Trade
Sometimes jewelry makers will stamp the inside of the band with the diamond weight as well as the metal type. I can't access the ring info because it's been sold (did you get it???) but if there's half a carat of diamonds in the ring that may be what the hallmark is.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DSilverberg|1375887891|3498255 said:
Sometimes jewelry makers will stamp the inside of the band with the diamond weight as well as the metal type. I can't access the ring info because it's been sold (did you get it???) but if there's half a carat of diamonds in the ring that may be what the hallmark is.

That's interesting. (Thank you, DS.) So is the listing-or what I saw of it-which appears to name white gold, yellow gold, and platinum. I wish I could see the photograph better!

AGBF

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
I did more research into this stamping and found other Jabel rings that had similar stampings inside and came back to post my findings only to find your response! Yes, it is definitely the carat weight of the stones, but I wanted to thank you Dsilverberg for the confirmation as well.

The way that the photo looked, it was kind of blurry, so I couldn't make out if it was a 5 or an S. Knowing about H&S "plat s" alloy, I got a little confused because Jabel's rings are die struck and I didn't think that they'd need something yet harder.

AGBF, thanks for looking as well. It is not WG, YG and platinum. It is only 18k YG and platinum as far as the metals. These guys that sold it, I believe are a pawn shop and maybe someone just didn't know how to describe it. I mean, reinforced? :nono:

I am kind of a Jabel nut...Yes, I did purchase it, based on the known quality of their rings and sort of disregarded that goofy description. I became intrigued with what that stamp meant because I don't have other Jabels with diamonds in it.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
luvmysparklies|1376150243|3500276 said:
I did more research into this stamping and found other Jabel rings that had similar stampings inside and came back to post my findings only to find your response! Yes, it is definitely the carat weight of the stones, but I wanted to thank you Dsilverberg for the confirmation as well.

The way that the photo looked, it was kind of blurry, so I couldn't make out if it was a 5 or an S. Knowing about H&S "plat s" alloy, I got a little confused because Jabel's rings are die struck and I didn't think that they'd need something yet harder.

AGBF, thanks for looking as well. It is not WG, YG and platinum. It is only 18k YG and platinum as far as the metals. These guys that sold it, I believe are a pawn shop and maybe someone just didn't know how to describe it. I mean, reinforced? :nono:

I am kind of a Jabel nut...Yes, I did purchase it, based on the known quality of their rings and sort of disregarded that goofy description. I became intrigued with what that stamp meant because I don't have other Jabels with diamonds in it.

Thank you for coming back and sharing that information, luvmysparklies. Posters like you make this a great place to get an education.

Hugs,
Deb

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results