shape
carat
color
clarity

What does SKCE mean?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kathbren

Rough_Rock
I''m trying to find out what SKCE might mean.

I just bought a loose diamond, and the packet it was sealed in had a sticky label attached. There was a product inventory number, and a lot of information about the diamond itself (carat weight, color, clarity, depth, table, etc.)

The last item was shown as follows:

SKCE XXXX.00 (where the X''s were numbers)

If I interpret XXXX.00 as a dollar amount, it''s about $1500 less than I paid.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Kathbren, welcome to the forum.

I don't know what SKCE mean. Could you ask your vendor? Hope it's nothing to do with CE (Clarity Enhancement).

Does it have a grading report (certificate)?

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe they inadvertantly gave you their cost on the stone.

kathbren

Rough_Rock
I have the GIA certificate. Most of the information on the sticky label comes straight from the certificate. There's no mention of "SKCE" on the certificate, nor any mention of "clarity enhancement".

It occurred to me that this was the supplier's cost, but since it doesn't line up with other information I was given, I figured I'd investigate on my own. Since I suspect it was a mistake to provide me with the sticky label (long story), I'd rather try to find out what SKCE means before I go back to the supplier.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results