shape
carat
color
clarity

What does H&A mean in GIA inscription?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bebegirl

Rough_Rock
When viewing all the topics about inscription of a diamond in the certificate, I went home and read my diamond cert. and found out that there is an additional line said "Inscription.....H&A" in my GIA Cert. Can anyone help me to explain what that means and whether it's good or bad. Also, will it depreciates the value of my stone. Thanks in advance

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
It means that your stone has laser inscription on the girdle which you should be able to see using 10x.

In order to view Hearts and Arrows patterns you have to use H&A viewer.

Have you bought the diamond as an ideal cut? What are other proportions?[/u]

bebegirl

Rough_Rock
Hello Leonid!

I guess you're only my best chatter. No one else replies to my email, but you. Thanks alot!!

Back to your question, Yes, I bought one stone. It costs $3800 and the GIA - proportions are below:

Shape & Cutting Style: Round Brilliant
Measur: 5.80-5.86 x 3.62mm
Weight: 0.75 carat
Depth: 62.1%
Table: 55%
Girdle: Thin to Medium, faceted
Culet: None
Polish: Excellent
Sym: Excellent
Clarity: VVS1
Color : F
Fluores: None
Additional Inscription: H&A

Do you think I have a good deal on this stone? I also purchased one diamond wedding band from Gordon's Jewlery for $1100. It has 5 stones and it's white gold. The shape is round, meas: 3.11-3.11 x 1.93mm, weight: 0.50ct, color: E-F; Clarity: IF, Pol/Sym: good/good. It was rated from DIA.

Later,

phi368

Rough_Rock
Just to make you feel better about other replying, I think you got a great stone and a good price. I checked on diamond brokers of florida's (I find them to be one of the cheapest for good stones) site and the prices are pretty similar.

As leonid said, the H&A is Hearts & Arrows. A very good thing.

bebegirl

Rough_Rock
Thank you Rough Rock. I was just being a big baby. Thanks again!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results