shape
carat
color
clarity

What does an "Average" appraisal cost???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jlew75

Rough_Rock
I have two diamond rings I need appraised and would like to know, ballpark, how much this will run. And where are the best places to get appraisals, I want these things to appraise high.....
Thank you!
J:Up_to_something:

Greentree

Rough_Rock
Try:

http://www.jewelryappraisalservices.com/pricelist.html

mrmarius

Rough_Rock
don't forget though, you don't want it too too high since that will cost you more $$$ for insurance.

Greentree

Rough_Rock
Yeah, and a professional appraiser won't respond to demands to "appraise it high...". You pay your money and you get your appraisal. They won't risk damaging their reputation since it's the foundation of their business.

DiamondDog

Rough_Rock
$60-$150 range for instore appraisals. All a "High" appraisal gets you is a higher insurance premium. Anyone in the industry will take a high appraised value with a grain of salt. The true value of the appraisal is an accurate clarity, color and measurement of the diamond. A GIA diamond report is preferred.

An individual who would assume the appraised value of a diamond is the actual "value" (IE what you could sell it for) are sadly mistaken.

Cash prices (at least locally) for appraised diamonds are 10%-50% of the appraised value.:bigsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results