shape
carat
color
clarity

What does AGS of 1 mean?

metsfan2016

Rough_Rock
I'm looking at a diamond that scored an AGS of 1 and the 1 was in weight ratio. It is a 1.3 carat. Does the score mean that it will face up smaller than a 1.3?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you link the report? If you tell us the weight, depth, and diameter I can tell you if it is facing up small.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
‘Spread’ is an industry term that refers to a diamond’s face up size
compared to its weight. You can also call this ‘weight ratio’ or ‘millimeter
footprint versus weight’.

I did some comparison. The 1.3 H VS2 has a similar diameter as 1.25~1.26 carat stones.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope, 62.3 depth is within the good range (but the lowest we usually recommend), and around 7mm is what you'll see for most 1.3 ct ideal cuts. You'd have to ask Jonathan, but the only thing I see that may be a little off is the crown angle is a little high for that pavilion angle. Not a thing wrong with the depth or diameter.

The diamond looks good if you are considering it. The higher crown angle means you need idealscope or ASET to see if there is leakage, and this stone is not showing leakage.

metsfan2016

Rough_Rock
flyingpig|1453407216|3979268 said:
‘Spread’ is an industry term that refers to a diamond’s face up size
compared to its weight. You can also call this ‘weight ratio’ or ‘millimeter
footprint versus weight’.

I did some comparison. The 1.3 H VS2 has a similar diameter as 1.25~1.26 carat stones.
Thanks for this....my concern has been that I'm paying for a 1.3 that faces up as a 1.2

metsfan2016

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1453409222|3979285 said:
Nope, 62.3 depth is within the good range (but the lowest we usually recommend), and around 7mm is what you'll see for most 1.3 ct ideal cuts. You'd have to ask Jonathan, but the only thing I see that may be a little off is the crown angle is a little high for that pavilion angle. Not a thing wrong with the depth or diameter.

The diamond looks good if you are considering it. The higher crown angle means you need idealscope or ASET to see if there is leakage, and this stone is not showing leakage.
Thanks for the info! I'm guessing Jonathon is the owner....I'm working with another person there and he's been really helpful throughout my search...I will ask him his thoughts on the angle as I'm not sure what impact (if any) it will have on the overall look of the diamond.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results