shape
carat
color
clarity

What does a 2+ carat pear look like when it''s less than $5K? Here''s mine.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
I found this stone on Whiteflash and thought the price might have been a mistake. I mean come on, a 2.06 carat fancy for less than $5K? I had them send me pics and reports and it was still looking pretty good to me.

I posted for opinions HERE and David Atlas gave it a thumbs up for cut. After lots of lurking on Pricescope I felt like I had a pretty good idea of what I wanted.

So ladies, here she is my "purrrrrrfect pear" (or good enough to make a Lady Who Isn''t Waiting happy).

Although an L, she faces up just like my J 3/4 . Possibly due to the strong flourescence. Completely eye clean SI2 (and I have a critical eye - I used to sell diamonds many moons ago). Sorry no handshots as I didn''t pack my digi cam when I took a one year assignment out of state. I''m wearing her as a RHR flanked by two Canary diamond stackers.

I''m still amazed that you all left this one on the table. A diamond in the rough indeed. Now I''m fighting the urge to run all over the place showing everyone my new ring. Instead I''ll share with my fellow PS''rs
1.gif

mypear_0410.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE a good L and you have certainly found one - congrats and YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
30.gif

when do we get handshots then?
27.gif

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is a great price
22.gif
She looks beautiful!!! And those canary bands sound scrumptious... yes.. when do we get handshots????
9.gif

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
I'd have to go out and buy a digital camera. Like an idiot I didn't bother to pack one and I already have two at home in Long Beach. I'm on a domestic assignment in Wichita for a year and didn't plan to take any pics while I was here. Maybe I'll pick one up and give it to my parents?

Also, I totally forgot to thank Vera and Bob Hoskins at Whiteflash
emthup.gif
, and David Atlas for his kindness in taking a look at my data.

Wheee, this is fun watching the sparklies under the lights as I type.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/11/2008 12:18:05 PM
Author: purrfectpear
I''d have to go out and buy a digital camera. Like an idiot I didn''t bother to pack one and I already have two at home in Long Beach. I''m on a domestic assignment in Wichita for a year and didn''t plan to take any pics while I was here. Maybe I''ll pick one up and give it to my parents?

Also, I totally forgot to thank Vera and Bob Hoskins at Whiteflash
emthup.gif
, and David Atlas for his kindness in taking a look at my data.

Wheee, this is fun watching the sparklies under the lights as I type.
I bet!
25.gif
need pictures....
39.gif

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Congrates on the new diamond!This is why is bought my 2.54 round brilliant SI1-k color...because it was such a nice k that even the first appraisal (when it was graded while set in a ring) stated it was an h-I color!It faces up so well that you have to loupe it to see the true body color...so i understand why you ran and not walked to get this great buy of a diamond!smart lady!people can become to obsessed with grades and rating and overlook some incrediable deals on really beautiful gems!

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Sweet! I am so glad that you were able to pick this one up. 2ct for that price is a steal!
2.gif

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, what a steal! Please don''t make us wait a whole year for hand shots, that''s such a tease,
39.gif
, it''s too beautiful! I looks amazing and I think I am in sticker shock...
Congrats and enjoy!
36.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
OOOOO What a beautiful pear! WOW!!
36.gif

I''m dying to see hand shots!
30.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You sure got a pretty pear for a pretty price, lucky you!!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
OOoh gorgeous! Where are the hand shots!!!!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Mmmmm, just like my favorite Jelly Belly flavor...that is one Juicy Pear
18.gif
!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great find - she''s a real beauty.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That IS a beautiful stone and a great find indeed. Congrats!
36.gif

Just out of curiosity, how many WF star rating is this? I''m going to go surf the WF website now.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats, what a find indeed!! Can''t wait to see your hand pics!!
36.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely a great find, good for you!!! (And I love your Lady Who Isn''t Waiting comment, ha ha!) Congrats, looking forward to hand shots and lots more pics!
36.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, great deal!!! Was this a virtual inventory stone or one pictured on the WF site in-house? I never look at virtual listings because it is so difficult to buy a fancy without seeing it or pictures of it.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
OMG it''s gorgeous! What a great find! ENJOY!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a beautiful ring!!!
30.gif
You smart shopper!!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s an unbelievable price! I''m anxious to see what she looks like in real life. Congratulations on the great find!

Love in Bloom, me too! The pear Jelly Bellies are always the ones I dig for and eat first.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Wonderful find--good for you!

cheers--Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results