shape
carat
color
clarity

What documentation does Chubb need?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Murr4168

Shiny_Rock
Now onto insurance.....we've been meaning to get renter's insurance and I think we'll go with State Farm or someone like that for that but I think Chubb would be better for the ring. Compared to a lot of rings here it didn't cost that much but to us it did so I'd prefer the cash payout that Chubb does. For anyone that has Chubb, will the paperwork that WF sends with the stone and the paperwork we get from Signed Pieces be sufficient or do we really need an appraisal on the whole ring after it's set? I know we'll need to get it appraised every 5 years or so but initially is it needed? Thanks!

Also, I've seen Bill Castro recommended but an agent did come up in my search on their site that's local to me. Should I go with a well known agent or would it be better to have someone I can actually go to here nearby?

Ohio Rocks

Rough_Rock
Bill would not insure my ring without insuring my house as well. Just an FYI.

Murr4168

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the information...I did see a few more agents recommended through my searches. I think I''ll just check with the local people first to see if they are willing to do it.

Ohio Rocks

Rough_Rock
I went through 4-5 Chubb reps...3 local 2 recommended here and couldn''t get anyone to do the ring without a home policy too. I ended up adding the ring to my home insurance with State Farm for a lot less then what I was quoted from Chubb and Jewelers Mutual.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Chubb, and most insurance companies, will accept almost anything for documentation. The advice about getting appraisals on recently purchased items rarely has anything to do with meeting insurance company minimum documentation requirements.

Ask your Chubb agent, if you can find one, what they need but you can expect the dealer supplied paperwork to be entirely sufficient for their requirements unless your purchase price is over $50,000.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

Murr4168

Shiny_Rock
Ok, I called the nearest agent and she said that Chubb used to be able to just do a jewelry policy but they don't anymore. A lot of the posts I found while searching were old, has something changed? Can anyone recommend an agent that will do just jewelry that might be licensed in KY? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results