shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you wear to sleep?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
All these threads about clothing, shoes, plastic surgery got me thinking. Do people who love jewelry get all dolled up to go to sleep?

I''m the over-size T-shirt type of gal. I have 2 giant T-shirt type Disney nightgowns that are so old, they have little holes, but I love them dearly, and cannot sleep in anything else. My husband only wears boxers, even if it''s freezing cold. He can''t bear to have clothing twisted around him when he''s sleeping.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I wear my boyfriend's clothes to bed. He has all these pajama pants and t-shirts that he never wears so I just make use of them! I love the feeling of being in too-baggy t-shirts and cotton drawstring pants, throwing my hair up in a pony tail and then hopping into bed. It's so nice!

When I was younger I used to wear my mom's scrubs to bed. She works in a hospital. Same comfy feeling.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2007 8:08:14 PM
Author: luckystar112
I wear my boyfriend''s clothes to bed. He has all these pajama pants and t-shirts that he never wears so I just make use of them! I love the feeling of being in too-baggy t-shirts and cotton drawstring pants, throwing my hair up in a pony tail and then hopping into bed. It''s so nice!

When I was younger I used to wear my mom''s scrubs to bed. She works in a hospital. Same comfy feeling.
I guess we have similar styles. I used to wear an ex''s scrubs to sleep. they ARE comfortable.

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
an XL t-shirt . . . comfy
emteeth.gif

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh fun thread!!
36.gif

I love cute comfy pajama sets... I have approximately a million of them. My favorite combination is pants with a t-shirt or tank top... I REALLY don't like sleeping in long-sleeves for some unknown reason. And I hate wearing nightgowns... I think it stems from my chunky-leg complex. I like them fully covered whenever possible... even sleeping.
26.gif

I should also note that I usually change into pajamas the minute I walk through my door after work... often it's still light out, and definitely pre-dinner. And since my FI and I don't live together, he rarely sees me in work clothes... it's always a shock to him when we go out somewhere and he gets to see me dressed in something other than PJs!
3.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For a few years I have been quite addicted to Nick and Nora p.j.s, but since they sold out to Target I don't buy them anymore. They are by far not the same fabric, quality, fit, etc. I do love Victoria's Secret Mayfair p.j.'s now...they come in long lengths and it's nice to have pj's that aren't too short!

I also love little strappy knit chemises, usually cotton prints, but no lacey business as I find it scratchy and it leaves crazy creases in your skin if you sleep in some strange position, lol. I also like cute little capri and strappy tank sets.

ETA: and then there are those occasions when DH is out of town for longer than overnight and I grab a pair of his boxers and a white tee out of his dresser. I don't think he even knows that I do that. It's my little secret, lol.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Winter: Long flannel nightgown or jammies.

Summer: Sik jammies, short or long nightgown, oversized cotton t-shirt.

All depends on the temp.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely NEKKED!
9.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nothing. I hate wearing clothes when I sleep. I do if I have to and then it is something very tight fitting like bike shorts and a tight tank. I hate having clothes wrap around me while I sleep or wrinkle up under me or get caught on my arm or whatever when I''m turning... I can''t stand it. My nightmares involve long nightgowns. Flannel nightgowns. Can you say claustrophobic and sweaty? LOL I do love my flannel sheets though... so soft... but the bedding has to be pulled very tight and smooth before I''ll get in it. I swear if someone put a pea under my mattress I''d know!!!

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Nothing, usually. I don''t like getting tangled up in my clothes, either, plus I usually get too warm when I sleep.

*M*

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
In the winter, I wear an old cashmere sweater to bed. I have a ton of them as I've been collecting them for years. In the summer an oversize T shirt. No fancy nighties for moi. After 20 years of marriage, well I wear what I want. LOL!!!
11.gif
3.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
nothing at all, oh wait...are we talking about jewelry? heehee
31.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/20/2007 8:20:35 PM
Author: ephemery1
I should also note that I usually change into pajamas the minute I walk through my door after work... often it''s still light out, and definitely pre-dinner. And since my FI and I don''t live together, he rarely sees me in work clothes... it''s always a shock to him when we go out somewhere and he gets to see me dressed in something other than PJs!
3.gif
Oh that is funny cause I do the same thing . . . I change into my PJs the second and I mean the SECOND I get home. Shoes come off, jammies go on . . . my BF will laugh at the speed of my transformation.

I wear Old Navy pajama bottoms and a t-shirt around the house but usually take the pajama bottoms off before hitting the hay.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
It depends-at the moment, I have tracksuit bottoms, a wooly nighty and a wooly cardigan as its freezing in Ireland at the moment. I have two blankets and my duvet and my big golden retriever in my bed also and am still cold! When I go away with D, I wear nothing to bed as I find it really warm. As I live with my parents, even when its really hot, I''ll wear little shorts and a top as I''d be afraid if they peeked into my room and the blankets have fallen off the bed or something and Im lying there in all my glory!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s all about comfort and warmth. It''s cold here at night (old, drafty house) so I usually wear well-worn sweat pants and a long-sleeved tee. If DH is out of town, then I add a sweatshirt and thick socks on top of that -- DH is my "furnace" and when he''s not around, it''s extra cold in my bed.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
For me, sleep is about COMFORT.

I get hot now in the evenings, pre pre menopause or something, and I sweat, which is horrible. So I sometimes like to have a tank on top so I can put my arms and be cooled off a bit. Or, I forego my micro fleece socks so I can put my feet out like a baby!!! I wear boxer type bottoms and tanks in the summer, and I will wear two piece long johns like Hanna Andersson has, but I only will wear natural fabric and I like any long night gowns to have a slit so I can move around. Tight pj''s are a no no to me.

I wash up, put my hair up on top of my head a la Pebbles, and then get comfy, and I always try to put cuticle cream and hand cream on as I watch tv. Right before bed is chapstick and I am all set.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
I have to have sensory deprivation to sleep, so no nekkid here! I have to have long pant pjs and an oversized shirt.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh gosh, I''d never be comfortable sleeping with nothing on! Gosh, too many times a child has called me during the night, etc.!

I have a couple of wonderful, soft Lands End 100% cotton long sleeved T-s for winter, and I wear similar short sleeved T''s in the summer as well as a couple of those sleeveless Aria gowns. They are all soft and comfortable.

bluehue

Shiny_Rock
Naked !!! How do you get any sleep?
11.gif
I wear a wetsuit.
9.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am afraid to sleep nekkid in case I have to get out of bed in a hurry!

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Well we don''t have any kids and live in a small apartment, so the only person who would see me is DH... or myself in the mirror, lol.

*M*

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
absolutely nada.

i love being free and feeling the cold sheets on my skin right when i jump into bed. And i cant stand clothes bunching around me.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
I'm definitely not a naked-sleeper... I mean, my cat sleeps with me... that just seems weird.
3.gif

One of my friends claims she has those awful naked in public nightmares every time she sleeps naked... I guess nobody else has that problem?

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I dont think i''ve ever had a naked in public nightmare. I get REALLY hot when i sleep. Even if i go to bed with clothes on, i''ll end up stripping it off when i''m asleep. Woke up many times completely naked, or with my arms twisted in my clothes because i was trying to take it off while sleeping, so now i just sleep naked.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have woken up drenched in sweat and apparently tossed my wet shirt off, but I do not go to bed nude...too many little men in my house!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I really don''t like sleeping naked, unless I sleep alone. I love comfy PJs, especially those with short sleeves, or boxers and a t-shirt. I don''t like nightgowns much either.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2007 8:04:56 PM
Author:jaysonsmom
All these threads about clothing, shoes, plastic surgery got me thinking. Do people who love jewelry get all dolled up to go to sleep?

I'm the over-size T-shirt type of gal. I have 2 giant T-shirt type Disney nightgowns that are so old, they have little holes, but I love them dearly, and cannot sleep in anything else. My husband only wears boxers, even if it's freezing cold. He can't bear to have clothing twisted around him when he's sleeping.

OH MY GOSH, I so hear you!!!! I wear 2 giant Tshirt type nightgowns too! They don't make them anymore! My hubby is the same too! LOL!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Ephem - I''m really starting to think maybe we''re seperated at birth. I just agree with you on almost everything!!!

I sleep in pajama bottoms and a tank top, sometimes an old t-shirt I swiped from FI. I can''t stand long sleeves or long nightgowns when I''m sleeping. I can sometimes sleep in a short nightgown, and I do buy matching stuff to wear when I go home or on a girl''s weekend, but normally it''s just cute bottoms and a tank.

In FI''s last apartment, he inherited a bed bug infestation from the previous tenant, which we didn''t discover until I became covered in what I thought were hives. It took a while to figure out what was happening to me and we just could''t get rid of them! So I ended up sleeping covered completely and it was so clausterphobic, in addition to the horrible bed bugs, that I started refusing to stay there! The only way we got rid of them was moving, throwing all his bedding and mattress away, and washing his clothes repeatedly in hot water. I still have nightmares about those nasty little bugs.

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
My studs. And take them off in the morning to clean when I take a shower.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results