shape
carat
color
clarity

What do YOU wear on a plane?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aprilcait

Brilliant_Rock
I was just thinking about an upcoming trip and starting thinking about my "plane" outfit.

If you''re taking a plane flight somewhere, what do you usually wear?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
juicy bottoms, flip flops, a tank, a tshirt, and a thin sweater for layers. i also have a huge pashmina that i use as a blanket/wrap. this way i don''t have to take a jacket on the plane or anything that is bulky. i always wear flip flops when traveling because shoes come off easy that way and also on the plane then i can curl up without shoes. i am typically cold while getting on the plane, but get hot while traveling, so i can take sweater off and put on as needed. and pashmina, sweater etc easily stuff into my travel bag. i am not about bulky, additional crap while traveling.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
1. Comfy pants for one. Maybe jeans or yoga pants/sweats or something comfy like that.

2. Shoes that I can slip on/off easily for security purposes and getting comfy on a plane.

3. A loose fitting shirt that is long enough so that I don''t have to worry about rogue butt-crack.

4. Layers, so usually a zip up or something because planes get cold.

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
I wear really thick socks... when I'm asked to take off my shoes while going through security, I don't want to catch any diseases from the airport floors.

Otherwise, I usually just wear jeans and a t-shirt or sweater. I also always carry an oversized purse that I can cram my smaller purse into as well as a change of clothes, books, magazines, etc.

courtney5638

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 11:32:52 AM
Author: elledizzy5
1. Comfy pants for one. Maybe jeans or yoga pants/sweats or something comfy like that.

2. Shoes that I can slip on/off easily for security purposes and getting comfy on a plane.

3. A loose fitting shirt that is long enough so that I don''t have to worry about rogue butt-crack.

LMAO, but I totally do this too.

For me it is usually comfy jeans and top and flip-flops. If it''s cold I wear tennis shoes but leave them untied until I get through security

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
PJs

I go as comfortable as I possibly can.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I tend to dress nicely in the airport so that they will look at me and think "Hmmm...upgrade material" if they need to/can upgrade anybody. I wear my Uggs because they''re easy-on, easy-off, but otherwise it''s slacks/khakis and a nice top. If it''s a long flight, I bring clothes to change into. Sweat pants, a cami, and a long sleeved shirt. Then I change in the airplane bathroom. Yeah, I''ve got a tiny little gymnast hidden in me somewhere.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Add me to the list of ''loungewear''-sporters. I have to be comfortable on a plane.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Depends a little bit on the season/length of flight/destination, but for late spring/summer/fall, usually some sort of yoga capri pants, a nice tank top or t-shirt, and a light cotton hoodie over it, and flip flops. And I hope this isn''t TMI, but I really spend a lot of time thinking about my underwear choice - there''s nothing worse than having an uncomfortable bra on a long flight.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wear comfortable jeans, a polo, closed toe shoes and jacket or bring a blanket (for longer flights). I think most of the planes I have been on are freezing. The first time we went to Hawaii I wore shorts but froze on the flight so now I dress in layers.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 11:46:23 AM
Author: Elmorton
Depends a little bit on the season/length of flight/destination, but for late spring/summer/fall, usually some sort of yoga capri pants, a nice tank top or t-shirt, and a light cotton hoodie over it, and flip flops. And I hope this isn''t TMI, but I really spend a lot of time thinking about my underwear choice - there''s nothing worse than having an uncomfortable bra on a long flight.
Ditto!

I usually wear thongs, but I break out the full-butt undies for plane rides!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Stretchy jeans, cute tank top, cardigan, big pashmina, and sandals in summer, or my Minnetonka boots in winter. I try to be comfy without looking too sloppy. I always have cozy, furry socks in my carry-on tote, along with an eye mask, travel pillow, and blanket. I take sleeping on the plane very seriously
1.gif
!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 11:32:52 AM

3. A loose fitting shirt that is long enough

Yup! This is exactly me! But I also like to look cute while co-ordinating.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Jeans and T-Shirt with a hoodie for the most part. I''ll wear sandals in summer and tennis shoes in winter.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
El and Elle, I''m with you on the comfy undies. They''re a must. Layers are such a must, too! Most planes I''ve been on are freezing, but you do get the ones in summer where you have to sit there in the sun and they don''t turn the air on. Ugh.

Oh, I thought of another go-to outfit: comfy jersey dress + leggings + cardigan + pashmina + cute sandals or boots = perfect for looking put-together and being totally comfortable on the plane.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My feet always get ridiculously cold, so i wear wool socks and loafers. Usually wear comfy pants/tights and a loose blouse with a cardigan. I also carry a jacket, it's always cold either here or the place I'm visiting! And a shawl - when it's super cold out, I carry a pure wool shawl otherwise a 50-50 shawl will do.

BUT, the real question is: Where you off to, AprilCait??

Bia

Ideal_Rock
1. Jeans
2. Tank-top, or fitted t-shit
3. Cashmere cardigan (soooo soft! I have them in every color imaginable because I love them
30.gif
)
4. Ballet flats or my favorite Converse sneaks.

In my bag I always bring socks! and a little blanket, incase they flight doesn''t have any, which has happened to me a few times as of late.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Typically a juicy sweat suit.

If it''s a shorter flight, then I might dress cuter. For long flights I''m all about comfort.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
They will upgrade you if you dress nice? Hm, had no idea.

But I am all about the stretchy jeans or pjs.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
well, I can tell you what NOT to wear - a jumpsuit!
I did that many many years ago on a flight from Texas to London
discomfort to the max ;-)

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! I''m a little surprised at how many PS posters wear the loungewear uniform of sweats and flip-flops. (Good for the plane... and napping on a sandy beach, and getting ice from the machine down the hall at the hotel at 2 am?) For me, it really depends on a number of factors. How long is the flight? First class, private, or coach? At what time of day is the flight? What is my destination and how will the weather be when I get there?

Though its getting harder and harder to do so, I do like to dress with some style to launch a vacation. In summer, that''ll mean cute skirts with strappy espadrilles, in winter a wrap dress and boots. If it''s a particularly long flight to the tropics and the odds of trying to nap are high, I''ll wear loose linen pants on the plane with a cute top so I don''t embarrass myself with my sleep contortions. Like many others, I toss a light sweater and cashmere travel slippers in my handbag to wear on the flight itself if need be. I never really thought about it being related to my clothes, but I do get bumped up to first class a surprisingly large percentage of the time.

I suppose my choices are partially due to early impressions; as a child, I loved those old Pan Am travel posters and reels of people jetting off on the Concorde, and always looked forward to going to the airport with my father to pick up my stylish great-aunt, who dressed to the nines and hired an army of porters. There was such a romance to them. To tell the truth, it saddens me a bit to see how people dress to travel these days. I cringe a little bit when I see overample love handles, foot corns, and whale tail on display at the airport. Sure, you want to be comfortable, but there are *plenty* of comfortable options out there other than lowrise "daytime pajamas" with Juicy written across the butt, people!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I usually wear a loose dress with leggings and comfy shoes. In winter, it''s a sweater dress with Uggs and in summer it''s a soft t-shirt dress with ballerinas.

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
depends how i am flying....if i buy my ticket, i wear comfy clothes and lots of layers - jeans, sneakers, short sleeve shirt with a hoodie or sweatshirt in my carry-on

if i am flying standby (as the future spouse of an airline employee) - i dress up a bit more - nice pants, work shoes, nice shirt....just in case i get first class

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I used to dress for comfort, but recently I had to dress up for the plane because I was going straight to a wedding rehearsal after landing... and it made the trip feel a lot more glamorous, somehow
3.gif
So I think I'll be dressing up (ish - comfy black pants, heeled boots, comfy but dressy top + pashmina/wrap/cardigan) from now on!

Unless it's a long haul flight of course. Mine are usually not longer than 4 hours.

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 12:53:20 PM
Author: musey
I used to dress for comfort, but recently I had to dress up for the plane because I was going straight to a wedding rehearsal after landing... and it made the trip feel a lot more glamorous, somehow
3.gif
So I think I''ll be dressing up (ish - comfy black pants, heeled boots, comfy but dressy top + pashmina/wrap/cardigan) from now on!

Yay! A convert-- glamorous indeed!
36.gif
LOL

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would never dress nicely because I sleep regardless of flight length.

Also, I''m terrified of flying, and 9 times out of 10 end up crying on the flight. Would rather cry on my crappy sweats than my nice outfits!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 12:59:08 PM

Also, I''m terrified of flying, and 9 times out of 10 end up crying on the flight. Would rather cry on my crappy sweats than my nice outfits!
How the hell do you sleep if you''re terrified?! I have to do a shot of tequila before I take a flight because I am a nervous nellie on planes. The last thing I can do is sleep
32.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 1:03:11 PM
Author: Bia

Date: 4/8/2009 12:59:08 PM

How the hell do you sleep if you''re terrified?! I have to do a shot of tequila before I take a flight because I am a nervous nellie on planes. The last thing I can do is sleep
32.gif
Taking off scares the CRAP out of me. That''s usually when the tears come. When we''re finally up in the air, I relax enough to sleep, but if there is ANY bumpiness, it''ll wake me up and I freak out a little. It''s usually a pattern of sleeping for 10 minutes, *BUMP*, panic, calming down, fall back asleep, repeat.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
1. 100% COTTON. No synthetics. If the plane is going to catch on fire, I do not want my clothes to melt onto my skin.

2. Layers. stretchy waist pants. Easy to take off jacket/sweatshirt of some kind. Tshirt.

3. Flip flops. IF it is going to be a long trip, I wear sandals I can slide on. Why? Because my feet freeze and I wear socks once on the plane and it is MUCH easier to slip on slide ons with socks to make my way to the bathroom.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
You all will probably think I''m crazy - but I dress for crash survival (as well as comfort). Comfy jeans or cotton pants (legs covered), a t-shirt and a light jacket or sweater - all in natural fibers that are less likely to catch fire. I''m always tempted to wear flip flops (so much easier in the airport) - but end up wearing leather sneakers that tie. In the rare chance that I might have to hop over debris to make an escape - I want to make sure my shoes stay on my feet. Also, as soon as I sit down - I count the number of rows to the emergency exits (both in front and behind me).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results