shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

clementine

Shiny_Rock
Here is my WF wax of my .27 (original diamond) set east to west. This is my second go around, and I want to make sure I''m going to end up with something I love. The main stone is surrounded by smaller diamonds, and there is going to be detailing to the prongs. My concern is that the stone is not sitting up high enough. Any comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Clem

ahman wax3.jpg

clementine

Shiny_Rock
Here''s the setting I sent Leon to try to come close to. Obviously there will have to be some adjustments because of the maquise and it''s size.

tacorisetting10.jpeg

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
I think it looks beautiful! I love the prongs and personally like it better sitting lower!

Please post pictures as soon as it''s finish...I''m sure it''s going to look great!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Me like!! Actually, me LOVE!!!
36.gif
36.gif
30.gif
30.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/23/2005 12:53:47 PM
Author: clementine

Obviously there will have to be some adjustments because of the maquise and it's size.
... one such adjustment was the height of the ring. I would not make it higher because the ptoportions look lovely this way - otherwise it would make the stone's size look 'too small' for the setting. Just IMO. As is, I love the dainty ring ! It should turn out wonderfully
1.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s going to be great!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I think Ana''s right about the proportions being skewed if you raise the stone. It looks just right now and should be just lovely.
1.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I think it is going to be absolutely gorgeous just as it is! I can''t wait to see the finished ring.

jewelryaddict

Rough_Rock
I love the way the wax looks. I think it is going to be great. I agree with the others that setting the stone higher would make it look out of proportion, but you have to do what you would really like. You don''t want to look at the ring and think "I should have..." I love the pic you sent to Leon. Where did you getting that pic and can I buy that ring or was it a custom made ring posted somewhere.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like it just the way WF did it. I think it will be fabulous. I wasn''t sure how it would look when you posted your idea before but it looks like it will be perfect.

ps. jewelry addict. the ring picture she posted is a ring made by tacori..brwnidgurl511 has it, you can check out her thread here

clementine

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all of your input! Take a look at my "photoshopped" wax - do you think it would look out of proportion if we raise it like this? Or maybe it''s the way the bands from the sides come up into the top of the head instead of hitting more in the sides?

wax4.jpg

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
JMO...but I really think the first is PERFECT for your size stone and looks more classic.
The photoshopped version looks a little like a cocktail ring to me.....but either way the ring will be beautiful- you need to do what will make you happiest!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Wow!!!
30.gif
What a beautiful mounting!!!!

I hope this isn''t overkill, but for fun I put the original picture and the photoshopped one next to each other.

To me, the marquise looks "longer" in the original.

But I had always thought that elevating the stone (a la Tiffany) helped highlight and perhaps emphasize the center stone.
33.gif

clementine: I think it''s going to beautiful, whichever way you go!
3.gif

widget

iyu.jpg

karenleah15

Shiny_Rock
I like both but prefer the higher one.
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Clementine,
I like them both but prefer the higher one. I can''t wait to see it once it''s done!!!

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
I would be much happier with the lower one.

It is a truly stunning design.

As you know, it is YOUR happiness that matters!!
Both are beautiful!!

(I should change my avatar, I no longer wear that setting. Got a new one just last week but haven''t photographed it yet)

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Love the setting! What a great idea for a small stone, and E/W is so much fun!!! I generally like a higher setting, but I think the first looks great. Also, I prefer the way the sides on the original meet with the halo rather than under it. If the ring is make higher, I''m sure they can readjust the sides to meet the halo also . . . unless you prefer it to be under.

karenleah15

Shiny_Rock
30.gif
I prefer the sides meeting just under the halo. I don''t know why....I just do. The second picture just seems "right" to me. I hope I am not making your decision harder. I just love picking out new rings!!! It took me just about a year to figure out what I wanted. LOL!
30.gif

karenleah15

Shiny_Rock
Are you using white gold or platinum??

clementine

Shiny_Rock
Oh man, this is going to be hard! FYI- the setting is in platinum, size 4 3/4 for my right hand.

Before we started the project, I spoke to Leon at WF, and he indicated that we may not be able to go as high as the original picture, so I don''t know if it''s even possible to raise it up. Even if we can''t, I feel much better hearing all of your comments. I''m a bit gun shy about having it lower only because this is our second "go around" and the first ring had the stone laying very flat against my finger. Here''s the wax from it:

ahman wax0.jpg

drk

Brilliant_Rock
My 2c is that I prefer the second wax that WF did for you rather than the photoshopped one to show the stone raised higher. Admittedly I personally like low settings, but I think the "medium" height that it has looks just perfect. It seems to suit the size of the diamond you have.
Good luck making your decision!

karenleah15

Shiny_Rock
Why in the world would they not be able to make the exact ring you want?? Isn''t that the whole point in making a custom setting? I am sure there must be a reason if that is what they said. It just doesn''t make sense to me but then I dont make rings.
33.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ew I don''t like that first pass at all! the flat profile of the ring isn''t appealing.

the second pass that you posted looks spot on. your photoshopped one looks too high for a diamond that small IMO. also i think the proportions look skewed as well in the photoshopped version, more like an oval or something.

i think the 2nd one, the first one you posted in this thread, i think its perfect and will look great. should be stunning. i personally love mary alaina''s (?) pink marquis diamond halo, and secretly dream of something similar for a RHR!

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
I''m with Mara...I don''t like that first past at all, but LOVE the second!! I don''t think you need to raise it even a little bit! But, you have to be happy and it has to be perfect for you! It''s going to look gorgeous either way!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results