shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Techster14

Rough_Rock
Hey everybody,

I am planning on proposing to my girlfriend over Christmas. But, as of right now I am not totally sure whether the ring I picked out is the perfect one. We have looked at rings together and she has made it clear that she really likes the princess cut, three-stone rings we saw. However, she also liked the three-stone rings with the accent gems, as opposed to three diamonds. This is almost the exact ring I have picked out for her.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4944917053&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

I wanted to know if anyone had an opinion...first on the ring itseslf, and also in a comparison with a standard three-stone diamond ring such as this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4945562412&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

Thanks!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Are you buying her ring off of ebay?

yanekie25

Shiny_Rock
Does she like sapphires??

Techster14

Rough_Rock
No, I just used Ebay to look at a bunch of different ring ideas and these were the ring types I thought were best. And since I couldn''t attach a picture of the ring I plan on buying I just included these pictures for reference.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t like saphires, but that is me. It just doesn''t feel engagement ring-y!

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
I think that the first one (with the sapphires) is gorgeous. I think that rings with colored stones are unique and very elegant. I (a woman) would prefer a ring with colored stones. However, I guarantee that she will be delirious with joy no matter which ring you choose. Congratulations!

reena

Ideal_Rock
they''re both very pretty. if she said she likes three stones with gemstone sides, then the first choice should be pretty safe. just don''t get it on ebay (unless you do a lot of careful research beforehand)!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hi!

If she likes gemstones then she''ll love the first ring. I find engagement rings with gemstones as sidestones are really unique, you don''t see them as much as three-stone diamond rings.

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
I love that ring too! I had my eye on it for a long time!
36.gif

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
Love Sapphires...cool idea...what about using different shapes of sapphires for side stones....pear or round

sciencegeek

Shiny_Rock
I love the sapphires too. With a princess center, I''d choose sapphire trillions. I like the clean geometric look you get with a square flanked by triangles.

Gale

Shiny_Rock
Well, she prefers 3-stone princess cuts, and she likes the gemstone side idea. You have chosen a winner. And, it''s beautiful as well.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2004 4:55:58 PM
Author: sciencegeek
I love the sapphires too. With a princess center, I''d choose sapphire trillions. I like the clean geometric look you get with a square flanked by triangles.
I like with the sapphire trillions for sidestones too. How big is the center diamond going to be? Just curious about the proportions.

Techster14

Rough_Rock
The Center diamond is .51 carats. And the sidestones are .50 total. I chose to get a smaller more perfect diamond (E color, VS2 clarity), rather than get a bigger center diamond that wouldn''t stand out as well.

yanekie25

Shiny_Rock
I like the side trillions idea for the princess center. Here is look, it doesn''t look so hot, but with sapphires the diamond would stand out a lot more.
3004690_Princess.jpg

Fiancee to be

Rough_Rock
That''s a really nice setting, I''ve thought about that one a lot myself. Have you two looked at rings in person or just the internet? Make sure she still likes the setting from all angles, not just the top. When I was looking at sidestones I thought the princess cut or trillions were the best cuts to go with. Good luck!

Techster14

Rough_Rock
I browsed around Tiffany''s and Alpha Omega Jewers, among others to see these types of rings in person. She liked the look and so did I. So I searched until I found the same setting on Blue nile and matched it up with a nearly ideal diamond.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Post pics of the ring when you get it.
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results