shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

princess

Rough_Rock
Just wondering if I could get some advice on a ring. I don't have as much info as other people on this BB but I will give you as much as I can.14kt white gold ring:
1 Princess cut, 4 prong set
1.29 ct
SI2-I1
G-H
Good cut8 princess cut diamonds, channel setting
0.64 ct total weight
SI-I1
G-H
Good cutTotal wt. of diamond = 1.93ct
Total wt. of item = 6.00 gramsBought for $6000 (I think) and appraised at $18,000Anyone have any comments??

princess

Rough_Rock
[FONT=Verdana,]quote:[/FONT]
Originally posted by asw:
Was that 6000 Canadian or 6000 US?
6000 CAD.
Also there is a great difference in price in SI2 and I1 certified diamonds. I and most people will need more info to really give our opinion of value. ON THE APPRAISAL IT SAYS THAT THE CENTER STONE IS SI2-I1.
Also do they have the depth and table of the center Diamond
THERE IS NOTHING ON THE APPRAISAL REGARDING THE DEPTH AND THE TABLE. THAT IS ALL THE INFO THAT I HAVE.
Al Wallace
Jewelryzone.com

asw

Rough_Rock
Was that 6000 Canadian or 6000 US? Also there is a great difference in price in SI2 and I1 certified diamonds. I and most people will need more info to really give our opinion of value. Also do they have the depth and table of the center Diamond
Al Wallace
Jewelryzone.com

princess

Rough_Rock
[FONT=Verdana,]quote:[/FONT]
Originally posted by Cut Nut:
I will discuss the cut.
We know that Excellent is better then very good is better than good. Fair is very very bad.
Sounds like a 25% out of 100.
Do you have time to buy aan ideal-scope? www.ideal-scope.com

So basically what you are saying is that it was a bad buy. Is a good cut what you would consider FAIR? Please elaborate!! Do you think my friend was ripped off?

tonysgeko

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Princess, who appraised it? Was it the same people who sold it?

princess

Rough_Rock
It was a third party appraiser that deals with the jeweller, i guess. The ring was custom made. Do you think he got ripped off? I told him to get it appraised elsewhere as well just to doublecheck.

princess

Rough_Rock
it was appraised by a third party that deals with the jeweller. the ring was custom made. do you think that he was ripped off? i suggested that he take it elsewhere just to doublecheck.

tonysgeko

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Princess, email rocdoc to see if he can recommend an appraisor in canada near you. Your right they should get rechecked just to have peace of mind.

princess

Rough_Rock
who is rocdoc and what is the address?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results