shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

WLRAIDER70

Rough_Rock
I am supposed to be getting a deal here am I?

vs2
D
excellent cut I belive
61% depth, and table If i remeber correctly
$3060

THis is a friend talking to his friend, but that roughly the stone, am I really getting a deal?

THANKS

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Luke (love that name...let me say it again...Luke...Luke...Luke...)

Ok. Ask yourself this question. "Why am I being offered a deal?"

I say this because each time I hear the words "deal" and "friend of a friend" in conjunction with "diamond for sale", I get skeptical. And that price seems low. Maybe it's genuinely a well cut .80 D VS2, but I think it would have to be a distress sale for the price to be that low.

Having said all that, you need to post more information on the stone in order to get an accurate read on whether or not that stone is well priced. Is this stone certified? The numbers you've posted seem kinda murky - you might want to get the exact specs if you're seriously considering buying this stone.

jenibear

Shiny_Rock
I think you may need to post more info for all those who know a lot about RBs to help you.
1.gif

I don't know that much about RBs, but I can tell you just from looking at the cut charts and reading about RBs on here that the table of 62 percent looks awfully large for an RB, if thats what this stone is.

Also, where is the cert from? GIA or elsewhere? That would be helpful as well.

As I said, I am not an RB expert, just trying to help you out. Try to get more info on the stone if you can like crown and pavilion angles. That will allow the people who know about RBs to give you feedback.
1.gif

WLRAIDER70

Rough_Rock
Thats for ther info. The friend is my GF cousin who is the jelery industry. This stone is supposed to be wholesale. The reason that it is still a little murky is beacuse he got the info in a fax. I asked him to call the guy get all the details, and to ask him what he thought. I REALLY LIKE THIS ONE. He also said that if it were him he would be considering this one. Its a gia cert.

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Luke, I would still want more information before I show them the money. Ask yourself this question - would you buy a car from this guy if all they could tell you you was that it's black, nice looking, costs $30k, has a V6 engine, and comes equipped with four doors? (well, you would if you're my fiance, which, clearly, you're not, but that's a whole other kettle of fish.)
1.gif

Irrespective of who's selling the stone or how much it costs - you need further details.
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 12/9/2003 12:05:28 AM WLRAIDER70 wrote:

I am supposed to be getting a deal here am I?

vs2
D
excellent cut I belive
61% depth, and table If i remeber correctly
$3060

THis is a friend talking to his friend, but that roughly the stone, am I really getting a deal?

THANKS

----------------

DEAL. You are getting something like a 2-300 $ discount for a so-called '60-60' stone (compared to lower online prices). These pieces with near 60% for both table and depth were at some point touted as a 'remium' cut. Not any more: these proportions alone do not guarantee high light return. However, the diamond is better cut than your average 'commercial quality' disaster: meaning that neither the depth nor the table are out of range completely. If you want a diamond with outstanding light return: i'd ask for more info on this (such as crown and pavilion %s). However, it is unlikely that you will find a certified H&A or a stone with guaranteed light return performance, D-VS at this price.

This is atop stone in the color & clarity department, the cut is good quality (not sky high, but not just average either) and attractive price. If this sounds good - go for it!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Luke....if you r really like the stone and it speaks to you, you should get it.

Having said that, you should still find out more information on this stone to make sure you are paying an appropriate price for what the stone is. That won't make you like the stone any less......but the stone's value changes greatly depending on whether it's a true D color, or a true VS, or a true good make stone.

If it turns out to be an H stone, you of course don't like it any less, but it would change (or should change) the pricing you're willing to pay for it.

Make sense?

magna2

Shiny_Rock
Luke,

I seriously doubt you are getting a bargain. It would help if you provided more information, even just the tidbits that can be gleaned from the GIA diamond report. But if you have seen this diamond and like it, then that is all that really matters.

rodent.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results