shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this Yellow Sapphire?

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
Hello folks, I am looking at purchasing my first ever loose coloured gemstone, I have for a while now been attracted to pale yellow stones and thought a yellow sapphire would be a good, simple place to start. I really like this -

http://www.whitesgems.com/gems/SAP028.htm

Has anyone used this site and how did you get on with them? Also what do you think of the stone? I don't think I will be setting anything for sometime, I want to build up a reference, get louping and get familiar with various stones.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have a blue sapphire from Jeff White. It's amazingly cut. He's always been very friendly, and I very much enjoy our interactions. He mostly works on a custom case-by-case basis, so it really surprises me that he has anything available now. I can't remark on the color of the sapphire though, I'm sorry.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
I think that particular gem came up in one of his newsletters almost a year ago. I remember the band of blue. Its a really neat looking stone, but I don't know how the blue would affect the overall color in person (I'm really no expert...my first post in CS I think). I ogle his stones whenever they're posted on PS. Always beautifully cut.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jeff is a very skilled lapidary, honest and patient. Feel free to ask him as many questions as needed. I expect this sapphire to be a pale yellow IRL and that's what you are looking for. The blue banding doesn't seem to be apparent face up, but only from the side and perhaps when the stone is tilted.

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for your replies, that helpful - I have emailed him.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results