vendor rates:
Tone: 6 Medium Dark
Hue: vB
Saturation: 6 Vivid

babydoll_sapphire_2.jpg

babydoll_sapphire_3.jpg

babydoll_mini

Shiny_Rock
it is declared to be UNHEATED, so another question is that if I were to purchase it, what cert should I ask for?
Is AIGS memo enough for unheated sapphire?

Thank you!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
babydoll_mini|1304948016|2916153 said:
it is declared to be UNHEATED, so another question is that if I were to purchase it, what cert should I ask for?
Is AIGS memo enough for unheated sapphire?

Thank you!!

It looks a little dark, but as I don't buy many sapphires from that vendor, I can't read his "sapphire photos" as well as some other gems.

AIGS should suffice if and only if it's unheated. If it's deemed heated by AIGS, I probably won't go through with the purchase.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If its the stone I think it is, then I would agree with TL that it may read as too dark, unless you like those really deep, rich sapphires that occasionally throw off sparks and flashes of pure, vibrant and vivid color....also know that of course you'd have to take real precautions in the setting you choose so as not to make it closeup even more.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've bought a sapphire from that vendor and it was much much darker than the photos. I too have problems "reading" his sapphire photos. This one does look dark and it's also very deep so I'm guessing it'll be more black than blue.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Seems too dark to me too.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like this color but would pass on this stone because it does look dark to me. I suspect it is the result of the way the pavilion is cut (too deep). Unfortunately, it is too small to be worthy of a recut.

Agnesg

Shiny_Rock
I think it will look like a midnight blue in real..

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I expect it to be quite dark in person and will only show its personality under very strong lighting. In terms of verifying that it is untreated, AIGS will suffice.

babydoll_mini

Shiny_Rock
Hi experts, thank you so much for your opinions!
I have asked Tan to inspect this stone personally to see if it is too dark.
I sure want to avoid overly dark stones.

btw, I think the price is quite good ($560, is it ok to post the price here?)
so I'd like to give it a chance, if Tan came back saying it is not too dark.
What do you think?

Thanks a lot again!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ask him if it loses lots of saturation in certain lighting as well, or if it goes more violet. Tan recently told me that a spinel wasn't too dark, and when I got it, it was way too dark. I think he has to grow accustomed to what you like before he makes a judgement. Be careful.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results