shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this Tsavorite?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aren''t spinels supposed to be more sparkly than sapphires??????? I wouldn''t even know where to look for a good spinel.

Linda

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure since spinels have a lower RI than sapphires. I''m working with a few vendors I trust. Let me know if you need their names.

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Sapphires or spinels would be a vary good choice. Sapphire at an RI.of 1.762-1.770 and spinel at 1.718 are pretty close. Spinel has more dispersion so it will show more flashes of color. While in the saturated reds the effect is hard to see, the blues and lighter pinks show the rainbow colors quite nicely.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Update:
Leon suggested surrounding the Tsavorites with pink Spinels or Sapphires.

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
These are not quite the right color- pink tourmaline and peridot- but was he thinking something like this? could be very fresh!

watermelon.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those are lovely. Where are they from?
Leon was thinking of marquis, ovals or pears.

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
found this place while in Cape Town. In Africa -colored gems are EVERYWHERE- obviously- and they do a lot of fun combos.

warning- i find the site sort of hard to navigate...

http://www.charlesgreig.co.za/

go to jewellery,
coloured stones,
view all, and
scroll down the page.

I really like the purple/pink combos they have - plus the "watermelon" line I posted with pink and green.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks! What''s the quality like?

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t think they sell outside of S. Africa?? It is a very upscale store and probably way overpriced, but i got some great simple citrine earrings with the good currency exchange rate. In the store the colored gems were amazing and very high quality- I felt like I was at HW! I went into every jewlery store in all of Cape Town and this particular store was hands down the best. Colored gems had great cut, color and settings just amazing.

The diamonds, on the other hand, look much better on the web site than in person. I was shown some RB that are ideal by S. Africa standards and they did not score well on HCA and not so amazing. I have been told all the really best diamonds are sent outside Africa. ohhhhh- but I wish I had caught my "colored gem" bug earlier bc I would have come home with handfuls of loose stones!!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Harriet,

that would be beautiful. Leon always has great suggestions!!!

Linda

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2007 10:13:36 PM
Author: Green with Envy
I don''t think they sell outside of S. Africa?? It is a very upscale store and probably way overpriced, but i got some great simple citrine earrings with the good currency exchange rate. In the store the colored gems were amazing and very high quality- I felt like I was at HW! I went into every jewlery store in all of Cape Town and this particular store was hands down the best. Colored gems had great cut, color and settings just amazing.

The diamonds, on the other hand, look much better on the web site than in person. I was shown some RB that are ideal by S. Africa standards and they did not score well on HCA and not so amazing. I have been told all the really best diamonds are sent outside Africa. ohhhhh- but I wish I had caught my ''colored gem'' bug earlier bc I would have come home with handfuls of loose stones!!!
Hmm ... maybe South Africa should be my next destination.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2007 10:50:39 PM
Author: Linda W
Harriet,

that would be beautiful. Leon always has great suggestions!!!

Linda
And prices!

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
R u going to go with his pink/green suggestion!? I hope you do- it will be so unique and will look great with a crisp white top in the summer. And you say reasonably priced? Great! Is he going to ousource the other colored stones to use with your tsavorites? maybe some small diamond accents too? Sounds fabulous! Good for you!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
are you setting these? You should
41.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/1/2007 11:06:52 AM
Author: Green with Envy
R u going to go with his pink/green suggestion!? I hope you do- it will be so unique and will look great with a crisp white top in the summer. And you say reasonably priced? Great! Is he going to ousource the other colored stones to use with your tsavorites? maybe some small diamond accents too? Sounds fabulous! Good for you!
You read Leon''s mind! He suggested diamond accents. I might be able to find the other coloured stones myself. I think I can get the diamond melee as well (my neighbour''s family owns a diamond company with its own mines
3.gif
). As for price, we haven''t discussed it.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/1/2007 11:20:55 AM
Author: Skippy123
are you setting these? You should
41.gif
Of course!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve found pink sapphire melee.

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! That is going to look fabulous! I thought it was really hard to find colored melee? Will you set melee in pink gold?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmm ... maybe.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Have you considered diamond drops?

Tsavs at the termus point? And/or make your studs the top part, make them jackets, and then have baguettes for the stems, and terminating in the melee surrounded Tsavs... I wish I had a picture...

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/6/2007 10:22:04 AM
Author: Nicrez
Have you considered diamond drops?

Tsavs at the termus point? And/or make your studs the top part, make them jackets, and then have baguettes for the stems, and terminating in the melee surrounded Tsavs... I wish I had a picture...
Of course! We think alike.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results