shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this tourmaline from Barry?

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
One of two other photos

MVC-060S.JPG

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
2nd photo

MVC-058S.JPG

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I would imagine that all three are accurate for different lighting conditions. Did he say that the color shifts? It's up to you if you like the different colors or not. I like this one alot, but some people want a stone that doesnt shift.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
He said it is very photogenic. One pic was taken with the mix of Reveal and standard incandescent lighting and the more orange one was taken under straight incandescent bulbs.

Not shifter really I think. Just picks up different colors depending on the lighting. I have weird taste, so I'm just trying to gauge if others like the tones it is showing.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
cinnamon013|1297354624|2848491 said:
He said it is very photogenic. One pic was taken with the mix of Reveal and standard incandescent lighting and the more orange one was taken under straight incandescent bulbs.

Not shifter really I think. Just picks up different colors depending on the lighting. I have weird taste, so I'm just trying to gauge if others like the tones it is showing.
Actually, I would say this stone does exhibit a color shift, but not a color change. Remember the Malaya garnet you have, and how it shifts to different colors depending on the light source? I would expect this tourmaline to do something similar - shift a few shades over on the color wheel. It's up to you to determine if you find all of the colors attractive - I have a coppery stone that I love, but it's not everyone's taste.

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
I love the color. It's different in a good way.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Ah good memory on my Malaya. I get confused on color shift vs color change. Thick skull! :wacko:

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Wow I think that is an absolutely super-Glorious colored stone!!!! :love: :cheeky: :love: :cheeky:
I love Barry's stones.
In fact, my favorite Barry stone is a green Tourmaline
that shifts a bit depending on the lighting.
It mesmerizes me! Never boring, it is set very simply
in prongs
so I can see all sides of the stone all the time.
I think your stone would be like that.
It is beautiful to me!

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
I think it has a beautifully shifty personality. I love all those colors, reminds me of roses that start out one color and shift to another as they age.

Laura

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Largosmom|1297389378|2848978 said:
I think it has a beautifully shifty personality. I love all those colors, reminds me of roses that start out one color and shift to another as they age.

Laura

This is exactly what I was thinking! And I think Barry's cutting style accentuates the flowerlike qualities of this stone. Very pretty!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I love it! The color shift makes it so interesting & all tones are SO pretty. Wearing stones like that, it's fun to catch the colors as your hand moves or light changes. As usual, a great BB cut too.

--- Laurie

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very lovely! I have a tourmaline that shifts color as well though mine was cut by Jim Renfrow. I'm going with a yellow gold head as white gold would not highlight all the colors in it.

-A

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Many tourmalines in the red and pink colour family will shift, showing some orange indoors. This is quite normal.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
It's on the way and I should have it on Monday!

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Pretty stone and I LIKE color shifters.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
This is pretty cool. This stone is #96 as shown here.

4B_JA.jpg

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I LOVE that picture!!!
Is that some of Barry's rough?

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not certain if it was all his or if he chose certain pieces from that.

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I can't WAIT to see that stone when you get it!!!!
I saw it Wed nite and sadly had to pass since I had just bought a couple
of other things...
So I am REALLY REALLY HAPPY FOR YOU!
I know you chose well !!!!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results