shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this thin pave setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kris30

Rough_Rock
I really love the thin pave setting from Ritani for a round diamond but its way out of my budget. I can either get something like this or go for the plain band with solitare. Does this look similar to Ritani? Should I go for it or stick with a plain band? Thanks

http://www.knoxjewelers.biz/index.htm?crn=266&rn=809&action=show_detail

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/12/2006 12:30:00 AM
Author:kris30
I really love the thin pave setting from Ritani for a round diamond but its way out of my budget. I can either get something like this or go for the plain band with solitare. Does this look similar to Ritani? Should I go for it or stick with a plain band? Thanks

http://www.knoxjewelers.biz/index.htm?crn=266&rn=809&action=show_detail
I think it''s pretty. It is thin like the ritani ring, but the head is quite different. Another option would be having knox create a custom ring for you. I worked with them on a custom creation and brian knox was incredibly attentive to detail and great to work with. They are reasonably priced as well, but custom work will be more expensive than their stock settings.

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
I think it''s a gorgeous setting and prefer it to a plain band...I say go for it
36.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I really like the setting that you''ve posted and it does have "the look" of the ones from Ritani. I have a thin pave setting for my three stone ring and I love it. It adds just a nice subtle touch of extra sparkle!

:)

Brilliant_Rock
I think it is beautiful - my personal preference is for 6 prongs for security issues (my mom lost her stone in her 4 prong years ago when one prong broke/bent so I am biased), but I love the design - very pretty.

kris30

Rough_Rock
I love the 6 prongs too. I wonder if he can make it 6 prongs if I ask him. The only other issue is that I can''t buy my diamond from them so I''m not sure where I can have it set. I want to order the setting first and then the diamond. So I guess I should just get it set at a local jeweler? Could the jeweler at 2 more prongs? tia

mtrb

Shiny_Rock

lehcarm

Shiny_Rock
I love that ring. Thanks for pointing it out for me! I''ve been eyeing the Facets shared prong duo, but to me, this set looks more delicate. Does anyone have experience with Knox? Do they have quality stuff? I don''t live too far from there, so I might have to go check them out.

I see that they have the matching band in platinum, I''ll have to see if they have the engagement ring setting in platinum too. I''ll let you know what I find out.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
WOW, those are some really pretty settings on those web sites!
30.gif
And quite reasonably priced, too. I really LOVE the first one posted, I think it''s beautiful!

My only (very humble!) suggestion is to look closely at the head of the ring you choose. So many rings have these beautiful, delicate bands, and then these blocky, chunky, sharp-edged prong shafts holding the center stone. I just cannot like that! I am a prong-snob
2.gif
apparently, but I think that thin, smooth, flowing, rounded prongs make SUCH a difference. I think that most good jewelers can modify those standard stock heads to be surprisingly more graceful and delicate looking, I don''t think it''s hard - but usually you do have to ask.

I also like the diamond to be set as low as possible... sometimes diamonds seem to be set so (unnecessarily) high, and in general that''s just not my favorite look. But all this is just my own personal opinion... that and a dollar will get you a cup of coffee at McDonalds!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results