shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this tennis bracelet? (pics)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi all,

I''ve been thinking of buying new from Signed Pieces / The Facets Collection... but I found a pre-owned one that might also be suitable.

It''s supposedly H VS-SI set in 18k WG rhodium-plated.

What do you think of the cut/quality of the stones?

Anne

anne_tennis1.JPG

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Also, is there something funny about the setting? It''s almost as if the right side of each diamond setting (as shown in the above photo) is slightly wider than the left side? When I first glanced at the photo, I almost thought it was 3-prong...

Here''s another closer photo. Again, commends on diamond cut/quality?

Anne

anne_tennis2.JPG

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
It looks beautiful Anne. I've never bought from Facets myself, but they seem to have a good reputation here on pricescope and it is my understanding that they use premium/ideal cut diamonds in their jewelry. Have you checked out the ones at Whiteflash though? I have one of their shared prong bangles and it is "knock your socks off" gorgeous with those ACA diamonds!

Edited to add: Oh you posted a close-up while I was typing. I see what you are sayiing, but sometimes these ultra close-up pictures make us over analyze a bit. Is it really noticeable from normal viewing distance?

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Okay, I think the lopsidedness I noticed in the setting is due to the way each setting is linked to its neighbor. Not sure I like it.

Sundial - the bracelet I posted in this thread is NOT the one from The Facets Collection (which would be brand-new)... the one posted here is a pre-owned one from a different vendor. Just looking for any comments/criticisms on it...

Anne

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is the pre-owned one from Ebay???

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2007 5:36:34 PM
Author: anne_h
Okay, I think the lopsidedness I noticed in the setting is due to the way each setting is linked to its neighbor. Not sure I like it.

Sundial - the bracelet I posted in this thread is NOT the one from The Facets Collection (which would be brand-new)... the one posted here is a pre-owned one from a different vendor. Just looking for any comments/criticisms on it...

Anne
Oh sorry Anne I was confused and thought that was the new one from Facets!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi Anne!
35.gif

So is this bracelet in your possession or is this a picture from the vendor? If you have it:

1. You may want to check out the diamonds through a loupe.
2. Do you like the way the setting looks from the side?
3. What is the craftsmanship like?

It''s really hard to tell diamond quality from the photos.

Bottom line Anne, you have to LOVE it. If you don''t love it, pass and get something else.

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone for the feedback.

The bracelet is not in my possession. Everything interesting is the US, and I am from Canada, so I do most of my shopping via internet. Arg.

No, I don''t "love it" from the photos, but as a pre-owned piece, it may be a better deal than buying new. It is returnable if I don''t like it; however, I try to avoid buying just to check something out, since the shipping/duty/returning/restocking fees can be a pain in the butt.

Anne

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results