shape
carat
color
clarity

what do you think of this style?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome Kristy.

The design is lovely!

Kristie76

Rough_Rock
thanks guys.
I think the design is art deco inspired.
What is your opinion on art deco design versus modern sleak design?

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/25/2007 10:57:45 AM
Author: Kristie76
thanks guys.
I think the design is art deco inspired.
What is your opinion on art deco design versus modern sleak design?
Very beautiful!
30.gif
I personally like art deco vs. modern, but, that''s just me. Get what you like!
28.gif

kohdy

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful set. I too prefer art deco style. Some modern pieces are nice too, though. You should get whatever style that pleases you the most because it is going to be your ring.
2.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
That is one yummy setting! I understand how difficult it is to narrow your direction down-as I have the same problem. Both styles have equal merit. Consider your lifestyle, maybe that may help. I think this is a classic estate looking piece, timeless.

Sorry I wasn't much help...just wanted you to know I think it is truly lovely...

DKS

chickflick

Shiny_Rock
I think that the set you posted is just lovely! I tend to like a lot of ring styles and find that my tastes are more based on the individual ring design itself rather than being focused on one specific style like modern vs. retro, etc. I feel like my own ring is a modern interpretation of a classic design, if that makes sense. In any event, you just have to go for the ring that really calls out to you!!

Kristie76

Rough_Rock
Thanks guys. Your compliments really encourage me! I love art deco styles because I think it''s timeless. I can pass that to my kids later on. However, the friends around me think it''s too much..too show off kinda style.
But you''re right. I should go for what I like.
Thanks!!

NBCZero

Rough_Rock
I really like the wedding band in this set. The ering is also very nice but the only thing I think I wouldn't like is that together some of the side diamonds would be covered on either ring. I wonder how the set actually looks next to each other on a finger.

I personally love art deco style rings. I am getting a new wedding ring that is art deco inspired (sapphire center stone with diamond halo). I am also having my previous center stone into a more simple art deco ring. I am hoping very soon to get the call that they are ready. :)

Also I like the art deco styles because they are more unique. After 12 years of having a diamond as the center stone, I finally decided that I want what I like, not what is the norm because I am not very normal anyway :D.

Wear your jewelry for yourself and let it make you happy. :)

The only downside of changing to art deco is now my big Japanese "man watch" needs to be replaced :D This is fine with my husband because I always forget how to set it and the instructions are in Japanese of course. I've been searching ebay for vintage art deco watches.

Dixie

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s drop dead gorgeous. Art deco and Edwardian designs are so fabulous - very appealing to me.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
The ring is gorgeous!! As far as getting this style versus something more sleek and modern, I agree with others who have said "get what you want." People will always have their opinions and your ring will be a hit with some and a miss with others. What''s important is whether you love it!

That being said, one thing I should mention is the maintenance of pave. Pave requires maintenance. Sidestones fall out occassionally and these settings are not as indestructable as other rings. Keep in mind your lifestyle and whether you are willing or not to put up with this. I personally was...and I have a pave ring. I''ve had to replace one sidestone during the past year I''ve worn the ring. It''s kind of a pain, but luckily stones this size are cheap. The whole repair was about $25.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous. I love it for the look, but I''m too clumsy so I personally wear a solitaire with a band that has the melee. I think you just have to consider your lifestyle, how hard you are on rings, etc., and if it meshes with that, you will really enjoy wearing it. It really is quite beautiful.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it is beautiful but more importantly what do *YOU* like?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/25/2007 4:51:37 PM
Author: NBCZero

The only downside of changing to art deco is now my big Japanese ''man watch'' needs to be replaced :D This is fine with my husband because I always forget how to set it and the instructions are in Japanese of course. I''ve been searching ebay for vintage art deco watches.
**Sorry for the temporary threadjack** - NBCZero, have you seen these? Don''t know what your budget is...
1.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like it a lot...really lovely.

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Diamonds EVERYWHERE!!! I like it!!
30.gif

angeline

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think I would like my ''friends'' much longer if they told me that the ring I adored was too ''show off-y''. You have to get what makes your tummy turn over and your heart sing! You''re paying for it, you''re wearing it and you''re looking at it for a long time.

I think it''s just gorgeous.

a

ringplease

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE that style!!! Is that a Jack Kelege? I think that is his signature with the diamonds underneath the halo... It looks similar to the one on the website www.jackkelege.com but that one is a round with a cushion shaped halo. It is basically my "dream ring"!!! I told my friends that it was " a little flashy" and that seems like an understatement. However, I will tell you that their rings sparkle like mad and they are so beautiful. If you like it, go for it!!! If you want a round stone, I would maybe suggest trying on both the round and cushion halo because they have two very different looks and I thought I wanted the one you posted but I ended up loving the other one. Good luck!!!

Kristie76

Rough_Rock
Thanks all for your encouragements!!
I too LOVE this style. My bf likes this style too! I will post pictures when I finally get it:) (soon, I anticipate). I''m so excited.

ringplease:

Yes, it is from Jackkelege and I found it on this website: http://www.preciousplatinum.com/output/page27.asp?c=1

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a gorgeous set! And no, I don''t think it''s show-offy at all. Let me also say that I own a Kelege ring and have tried on MANY of them while making up my mind and they are much more delicate and understated in person than they are in pictures.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the set you posted is beyond beautiful. I don''t think it will be over the top at all. I think people assume that when they see photos of blingy settings like this, but they''re usually really delicate in person. I say get whatever you want, since you''re the one wearing it, not your friends!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results