shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this stone- thoughts appreciated?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Snappy

Rough_Rock
I am going to buy this stone I think. What are your thoughts?

GIA certified.
1.86 G SI2 (eye clean- no black, just a few twinning wisps)
7.93 x 7.99 x 4.82
57.8 table
60.8 depth
crown angle 35.2
pavillion angle 40.4
culet - none
excellent Symmetry
Excellent polish
HCA- .7
medium blue florescence.
$9900

I took it to the appraiser today. The stone looked good (eye clean, sparkly, lots of fire and spectral color) but the appraiser didn't have a hearts and arrow viewer or anything to measure light leakage.

Thanks for your help!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
that is an interesting pavilion angle! are you sure that's not the %?

when i plug those numbers into the HCA..it will not let me put in 42.2 pav angle. it says it's wrong or the girdle is dangerously thin.

then when i put 42.2 as the % ....it shows 1.1 EX...not 0.7.

unsure what #'s you are using to get 0.7 on the HCA?

Snappy

Rough_Rock
Mara,
you are right. the pavillion angle is 40.4
Thanks for noticing my error.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
In that case!
1.gif
The stone should be lovely. If it sparkles, and you love it, its eye-clean... the cut looks very nice. I like the fluor on the G...that should be very pretty! VERY nice price as well!! Is it offline at a B&M? Let us know what you decide.

Snappy

Rough_Rock
Thanks Mara. It is from a pricescope vendor.
I just came back from the appraiser and wanted to check in and get opinions before I sign the check!

Magnum

Shiny_Rock
It looks awesome to me!

An eye-clean SI-2 in that size is a great find, and G is a great no-compromise color. If I were still looking for a stone for my fiancee's engagement ring, that would definitely be one I would really consider. It scores a 0.8 EX/EX/EX/VG on the HCA with the angles, and it seems like the appraiser and your own eyes verified that this is true. If you're worried about H&A, you could always buy a viewer for yourself relatively inexpensively and check it out during your refund period.

I think if your eyes tell you it looks great, you should go for it.
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sign the check, sign the check. I can't wait to see pictures and hear the story.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results