shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this stone? Advice please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

basilica

Rough_Rock
Hi! I am thinking of upgrading my engagement ring stone-- a 0.5 carat E VS1 from a local jeweler here in the SF Bay area. I went to look at different colored stones today to see about my color sensitivity. (I actually picked my first stone--basically the jeweler put out 2-3 at a time and I would pick 1 and I ended up with that one--it is really sparkly, but it was in 1995 so I don''t think the grading was as strict back then).

Anyways I was thinking of this one:
GIA
1.31 carat
I color (I couldn''t really notice much color even next to another E)
SI1
57% table
61.3%depth
34.5 degree crown angle
girdle thin to med
Polish, cut and symmetry very good
shows Hearts and Arrows

I don''t have info on the pavillion or the measurements but I''m sure I could get them if you need them.
Also it is goig for $7074 and I have about a $3200 trade in value.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Karen
21.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
So far it has potential! Can you get the pavillion angle? Also, if the vendor can get you an ideal scope image that would help too.

diamondpug

Rough_Rock
would be good to get the pav angle. nothing is better than seeing the stones, but in case you like to do a little technical cross check, this is another datapoint for round brilliants.

http://www.ideal-scope.com/hca.asp

Pugsy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results