shape
carat
color
clarity

what do you think of this setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kem

Rough_Rock
here is the link: http://antiqueengagementrings.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=1176

it is a replica of an antique setting. do you think i could buy my own diamond and have something similar made by whiteflash, or is it too detailed? it is also out of stock, which worries me. but it is a replica so I assume they could make another? it is the first thing i have looked at that both my boyfriend and I totally love that is also in our budget, so I would love to get thoughts :) sorry about the link- i can''t copy and post the pictures myself for some reason- either because of my computer or because the website won''t let me.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
HERE'S THE LINK

The setting looks straight-forward and simple. I think WF has something similar, if not I'm sure they could work something up. Just call and ask.

Good Luck!
1.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I just looked at WF. I was mistaken. Actually, it was goodoldgold and THIS was one and HERE is another that are similar. Not quite the Edwardian, but detailed in the same way.

Kem

Rough_Rock
thanks somethingshiny! (and thanks for fixing the link). I actually was already talking to whiteflash about buying an e-ring from them, so i asked them to give me an idea of how much it would cost to make something similar. including the price of the diamond it would cost about $800-$1000 dollars more to have the ring made custom by whiteflash than it would to buy it from antiqueengagementrings.com, both would be in platinum. so my question is, would the quality of a whiteflash custom ring be worth the extra money, assuming i could afford it (i am not sure yet if i can)? i also would be able to choose my own center stone with whiteflash, which i am not sure i would be able to do with the other. i also haven''t talked with whiteflash about what i would have to change about the ring. i know people have by and large been satisfied with their whiteflash custom rings, but they have mostly gone that route it seems to avoid really high designer markups or because they couldn''t find exactly what they wanted. i think i have found a ring that is exactly what i want and it is within my price range, but i am concerned about the quality of both the setting and the diamond. also, i am not sure yet whether i would be able to buy the setting separately and have whiteflash mount one of their diamonds in it. what do people think about this option? i feel so clueless because if all things were equal i think i would go with a custom ring, but i am not exactly sure if custom= better quality and $800 is a lot of money for me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results