shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this setting???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

candlelite80

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone! I would love some advice on a setting I found at Blue Nile. My fiance and I are getting ready to purchase an engagement ring and in doing research I stumbled on a setting that I am just in love with. I really had not been planning on purchasing online, I was excited for that whole feeling of trying on rings at a jewelry store but I just keep comparing everything else to this one. We have checked out a few stores in person and I can''t find any that compare, I have tried to describe it to see if they have anything similar so I can get a better idea of what it looks like in person but they never seem to know what I mean, or else they just don''t have anything like it. So, I am just wondering what you all think of this setting, my main concerns are purchasing it online when I have never seen it in person and I am worried how a wedding band will fit with it. I would love everyone''s advice and if anyone knows of other settings like this one out there, or especially other pictures (especially on someones hand) that exist to give me a better idea of what it looks like I would love it!

Here is the link:

http://www.bluenile.com/product_details.asp?oid=6219&page=1&show_all_pages=1&col=3&row=19&pos=57&set_shape=PR

Hope this link works. By the way, in case it matters I would be getting a princess diamond. Thanks so much for your input!

candlelite80

Shiny_Rock
Also just wanted to add, I am looking at princess diamonds around 1.25 cts. for this setting, do you think that would look ok?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it.

fatkid

Rough_Rock
it''s killer -- but expensivo...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s really nice... but I have agree with the others about the price. I know its platinum... but still. If it were tacori or vatche or... well, designer... I would understand. But it''s not.

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
I think its really pretty. The price does seem high but to me it would be worth it if you really really love it. I feel there''s no point in buying a setting thats cheaper but less loved.

candlelite80

Shiny_Rock
I really do love it but I am hesitant buying online without seeing it first... I guess we could order it and then use the return policy if its not what I htought it would be, I just hate to have to do that. I was thinking of printing out the picture and bringing it with me to some jewelry stores to see if they have anything similar because they haven''t understood when I just tried to describe it. Would that be inappropriate? If anyone has a ring like this or knows of another one I would love to see pics from different angles, etc. Thanks for all your help and advice!

candlelite80

Shiny_Rock
It seems that everyone seems to think the price is high for this setting... by a lot or a little??? I have no idea what this setting should be priced at but if it seems to be a little high, like a few hundred dollars, then I would be willing to pay the extra because I LOVE it, but if everyone thinks it is high by a lot, say more than $500 then I don''t know what to do, I don''t want to get ripped off. What do you think?

analyticangel

Rough_Rock
Hi
I like the stting you are looking at BUT I also could use some help
Am brand new to the site and hope asking about my potential setting is ok here but I need advice Used this forum to find a great GIA 1.51 H VS2 (HCA 1.3)

Now am considering this setting
Here is link and I will try to attach pic
http://overnightdiamonds.com/Catalog.aspx?sg=0&sn=366609

My questions are

1)I am not sure of it or height and how this would look with stone
2) Wondered if a different head would help (safety)
3) any thoughts on getting it in gold with platnium head
4) and of course 4 vs 6 prongs
THANKS IN ADVANCE

ENR6609.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2007 7:53:15 AM
Author: analyticangel
Hi
I like the stting you are looking at BUT I also could use some help
Am brand new to the site and hope asking about my potential setting is ok here but I need advice Used this forum to find a great GIA 1.51 H VS2 (HCA 1.3)
Welcome!

It would be best if you start your own thread, you might get more help that way, and it won''t make this one possibly confusing.
1.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
THIS would be my pick... its Ritani (quality is assured), and will retain its value over time, because its designer. AND will appraise well in terms of replacement value. And it''s beautiful. Frankly I like the head/prongs of it better than the blue nile... and it costs less than the blue nile. Plus Pearlmans will send it out to you to check it out and see if you like before you buy! It''s a win-win IMO.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2007 2:51:53 PM
Author: Gypsy
THIS would be my pick... its Ritani (quality is assured), and will retain its value over time, because its designer. AND will appraise well in terms of replacement value. And it''s beautiful. Frankly I like the head/prongs of it better than the blue nile... and it costs less than the blue nile. Plus Pearlmans will send it out to you to check it out and see if you like before you buy! It''s a win-win IMO.

ditto!!

juliefiis

Rough_Rock
I think it''s pretty but if you''re not sure about whether or not it''s a good price, why not print it and take the picture with you to some local jewelers to see what price they can offer the same/similar design at - that way you will have a frame of reference. Also, not sure if it is critical for this particular setting but if it were me I''d want to be sure that the stones in the setting are of the same color grade as the stone I select -- you may want to ask the vendor if they can match up the color once you''ve selected your center stone. good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results