shape
carat
color
clarity

what do you think of this ruby?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

historychick

Shiny_Rock
Its 6.49cts 13 x 8x x5mm from Mogock Burma, treatment is listed as heated but nothing else, clarity is S1... I know it''s a little opaque and the cut is slightly wonky but it is quite reasonably priced and I thought about having it recut? What do you think?

e1a2_1.jpg

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I'd pass - too included for me, and wouldn't want to spend the $$ for a recut.

Personally I'd buy a top notch spinel instead.

Where did you find it by the way? The 'bubbles' are saying suspect to me as well as the look of that table - could well be fractured filled with glass as well.

historychick

Shiny_Rock
thanks for the input pandora...you are a wealth of knowledge... If there''s a chance it could be fracture filled i''ll pass thats something I don''t want to mess with regardless of the good price. thanks again

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pandora, I too, learn something new from you all of the time. I never would have thought of those bubbles being suspicious.

Linda

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to clarify that one photo is not enough to go on, but I tend to err on the side of suspiciousness
11.gif
. You''d need to have the stone properly looked at.

Is it being sold by a trusted vendor? Does the price sound too good to be true?

historychick

Shiny_Rock
you are right -sigh- although sometimes I wish that things that sound too good to be true actually were... every now and then
2.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would not recut an opaque-ish stone. Who knows if you''d hit a wrong spot, then the whole thing will be ruined - end up smaller, or damaged beyond repair, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results