shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this rock? :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kurenai

Rough_Rock
Thank you Lorelei! I am excited about the ring and the engagement and everything else!

I trust him and I know that he wouldn''t pick an ugly stone :) so can''t wait to see it!

Thanks to everyone for their advice - I will def. check this Forum out before I make my next diamond purchase! (Studs maybe? here''s hoping :)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/8/2009 1:28:49 PM
Author: kurenai
Thank you Lorelei! I am excited about the ring and the engagement and everything else!

I trust him and I know that he wouldn''t pick an ugly stone :) so can''t wait to see it!

Thanks to everyone for their advice - I will def. check this Forum out before I make my next diamond purchase! (Studs maybe? here''s hoping :)
You are most welcome, and please post pics when you get it!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

DiamondsDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 9:35:24 AM
Author: Lorelei

Please don''t be bummed. He has bought you a diamond he felt was worthy of you - colourless and IF clarity - beautiful combination. Your diamond scored lower on the HCA because the pavilion angle is a bit steeper and the HCA can penalize for this but it will still sparkle and it is not a bad diamond!! There are various levels of beauty in anything, a diamond does not have to be perfect to be lovely, and because a diamond doesn''t have '' perfect'' numbers does not mean it will not look good and sparkle, this diamond is a long way from being badly cut! It is so easy to get caught up in the numbers here and particularly with consumers like myself who are seeing perfect images all the time and hold every diamond up to these standards - it is important to remember that there are diamonds which might not quite measure up on paper that are still beautiful - but bear in mind most of the posters answering your questions, myself included are not experts and as such don''t have the real life experience with diamonds - especially when a diamond doesn''t quite match up on paper the tendency is to try to advise to get another with '' safe'' proportions. Your BF has picked you out a lovely and rare diamond which is still well cut and it is going to be far more beautiful than many of the diamonds out there and is trying to make the proposal and engagement as special and memorable for you as possible. I don''t think you have anything to worry about.

Well said, Lorelei.

Kurenai,

You have a beautiful, brilliant diamond that you will undoubtedly be very happy with for the rest of your life.

Now, you can relax and put the focus on your fiancé and the engagement.

Best of luck to you!

kurenai

Rough_Rock
Diamonds thanks :) I can''t wait to see the ring!

I will post pics when I get it.
BTW what is the best way to photograph a diamond ring? They always tend to come out blurred.....ypu guys have the experience :)

kurenai

Rough_Rock
Also - one last question, in your opinion what is a good price for this stone? in USD - price for loose stone.
Just out of curiosity :razz: I didn''t want to ask my bf :razz:

oakpark

Rough_Rock
You can pricescope your diamond by entering the data in the search and see what PS vendors are selling similar diamonds. top of screen menu under prices.

For the photos, try this link for tips (hope it links through, I''m mostly a lurker and not a frequent poster!)

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/how-do-you-photograph-your-diamonds-so-well.86475/

if it doesn''t work, try the search function for "diamond photographs" top right corner of the screen.
in general, use the macro function on your camera (the flower that shows up on the screen setting), consider taking off the flash, and get some good lighting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results