shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this ring and its price?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

candide555

Rough_Rock
Hi-

I am in the process of buying a three stone right hand ring for my wife. I am looking at blue sapphire emerald or cushion cut center with emerald or princess cut sides. For reference sake, her engagement ring is a Mark Morrell beautiful piece with a 2.86 RB center AGS 0, and trilliants on the sides.

I want to find a ring that is reasonable in proportion to what she has on the left. I have learned on here that sapphire is more dense than diamond, so that needs to be taken into consideration. I was hoping to do _about_ a 2.9-3.0 carat center, and or about 9-10 mm in greatest dimension. I have calls in as well to Wink and some others.

One B&M store that I live quite far away from had a ring that caught my eye. They are very reputable. What do you think of the below ring (it''s the one on the left) in principle? $6,000. 2.70 carat sapphire, with 1.48 ct diamond total weight. Set in platinum. I am missing some key information which I will get tomorrow - is the sapphire treated. I am guessing that it is. The diamonds are G-H VS2, not GIA. They said they will proivde me with many more pictures tomorrow.

Also, who are your favorite online folks for a 3 stone ring with a center sapphire?

Thanks

Jeff

ring1313.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Depends greatly on the color and quality of the sapphire...if the sapphire is a great color it could be worth it. Otherwise it is crazily overpriced if the sapphire is a poor color.

2babycarrots

Shiny_Rock
I love the ring on the left. It''s a beautiful ring!

I don''t know about prices, though. I''m new at this game. Hopefully the turbo buyers at PS can lead you in the right direction.

Your wife is a lucky woman!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sure the picture you posted is a "stock" picture so there is absolutely no way anyone can guess as to whether the price is reasonable. Pricing for coloured gems depends greatly on its colour, so it $6K could be very expensive, reasonable or cheap, depending upon the individual sapphire.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results