clarity

What do you think of this rb

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Looks promising to my eyes.

Run the angles etc. through the HCA tool (under the Tools tab at the top) to see if it scores under or just over 2, which would indicate the angles work well together.

Use the Search bar at the top of the forum to check similar specification diamonds' prices and compare to this diamond.

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
Good idea @OoohShiny !! I will compare it. Unfortunately, I am out of hca attempts right now.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Needs an idealscope or aset image as well as just regular picture(s). The 36 crown is a little on the high side. An idealscope or aset image will
tell if the angles are playing well together.

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Surprising. Thank you @kmajid !

Txborn79

Shiny_Rock
Not sure if you seen the “please note this is not an image of the actual diamond” below the video....so there’s no actual video or images of the diamond at that link

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The steep 36 crown and somewhat steep 40.8 pavilion isn't playing nice together.

Keep in mind the single crown & pavilion values you see on a GIA cert is both averaged and rounded from 8 actual values of each. Depending where each on of those actual values hit you can either get slightly worse or better than the average being disclosed on the report.

I anticipate you will have some issues, and that is also what the HCA is predicting by the 3.5 score. While I like and value the HCA please keep in mind it is an approximation tool that is making an assumption about performance on data from a lab report that has already been fudged by rounding & averaging. My point being it gets you close, but to know for sure I'd want an idealscope image at the least and prefer an ASET to determine more. And if available, a detailed SARIN report would provide all the actual values so you could further analyze the stone.

Short version -- it's a risky stone IMO. I think the stones you asked about in your other two threads was more promising and risk free for you.

I like big crown stones but would want to see it paired with a more complimentary 40.6 pavilion and hope all the actual pavilion angles stay above 40.5 so it doesn't leak. A 35.5/40.6 might even be more promising, especially if paired with a small 54-55 table and 76-78 LGF's, as it would make lots of fire (at the expense of some white light return).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results