shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this price??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PMR

Rough_Rock
I am in the market for a 2 ct. G SI2 color ideal cut stone. What do you think of the price for this stone?

2.01 ct.
G color
SI2 - eye clean
Measurement: 8.02 - 8.09 x 4.99 mm
Crown: 34.3
Pavil.: 41
Table: 57.4
Depth: 61.8
Flour. none.
Polish: Ex.
Symmetry: Ex.
GIA Cert.
It scored a 1.8 on HCA
Price: $12,610
Thanks!
1.gif

PMR

Rough_Rock
Any comments?
1.gif

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
It's a bit smaller in diameter than a perfectly cut 2 carat (8.16-8.20), but the pricing seems good, if indeed the inclusions are eye-clean. Is the girdle a bit thick? The angles seem very nice, though.
10.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nice angles..if the pav was 40.9 that HCA Score would most likely have dropped alot...but it may be small nuance as that is the 'average' anyhow. Plus under 2.0 is still excellent!
1.gif

As CG noted, a tad smaller than the average well cut, but the price is pretty good for a G color, if its eye clean. Could be a beauty! Do you have any reports, pictures etc? Is it a sight-unseen purchase or are you buying locally?

PMR

Rough_Rock
The diamond is from a vendor on Pricescope. They will be receiving it today to check it out. The measurements did seem a bit odd to me. I will question them on it. Thanks for the input!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would think that a wider girdle would account for the smaller diameter. In this case, the cut goes somewhat beyond the assumptions of the HCA (the system assumes a thin-medium girdle, I supose). In any case, I would ask for the respective Iscope image which most sellers around here do provide.

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I would have liked a stone with a diameter of 8.2mm. on 2.00+cts. stones.
You have to really see si2 and determine whether it's an eye clean type of stone, latleymany si2's that are not.

"What do you think of the price for this stone?"

Price is ok. But I have seen similar stones with G.I.A Certs. for less money.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results