shape
carat
color
clarity

what do you think of this one?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bogus

Rough_Rock
round brillian H&A set in 4 prong platinum
IGI cert
measurement- 6.74-6.75 x 4.09mm
weight- 1.11ct
proportions- ideal
depth- 60.6%
table- 56%
crown height- 15.3%
crown angle- 34.7%
pavillion depth- 43.0%
pavillion angle- 40.8%
culet- none
girdle-med-not polished or faceted-lazer inscribed
polish & symmetry- excellent
clarity- vvs2
color- H
no fluorescence
is $6500 to much to pay for this??
1.gif

Thanx soo much everyone is so great.

Magnum

Shiny_Rock
It is probably a fair price, as far as my non-expert knowledge can tell. As a comparison, NiceIce has a 1.055 H VS1 for $6380, so yours is competitively priced compared to that one. The one thing I would mention is that from what I gather by expert posts here, IGI is probably a little more lenient/inconsistent in their grading than GIA or AGS, so while the stone you listed may be a solid H VVS2, there's a chance that it could be an I VS1 if graded by a stricter lab, not that there's anyhhing wrong with that color/clarity, it just means it would be priced a little cheaper. The solution, and something almost everybody would recomend, is to have it independently appraised by a trusted appraiser, for a relatively small price compared to the cost of the diamond. The appraiser should be able to verify the characteristics of the stone, as well as answer your original question of whether $6500 is too much to pay for the stone. By the numbers, it has the potential to be a beautiful diamond. Have you physically seen it yet? Good luck in your diamond search. :)

Magnum

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
The cut proportions of the diamond itself look beautiful; if the stone performs as the number suggest, it should be quite well cut.

As Magnum mentioned, there may be a concern regarding the IGI grading.....they are known to be lenient.

I guess I'd ask this: Is this the diamond you want to keep forever, or do you envision it being upgraded down the line? If you're going to keep it forever, then I'd do what Magnum suggested and get the diamond appraised by an *independent* appraiser to make sure the color/clarity gradings are correct.

If the diamond is likely to be upgraded later.....then I'd choose a different diamond like the one Magnum found at NiceIce. For practically the same price, you can get a diamond with a better "pedigree"....the grading report. Many people seeking well-cut stones limit their searches to AGS/GIA, so the diamond would be more desireable on a resell market or trade than one with an IGI grading.

bogus

Rough_Rock
hi there,
yes i do hope to keep it forever since i am replaceing my first uniformed
purchase. i may down the road change the setting but not the diamond.
i did have 2 apprisers take a look and the both agreed with the color/clarity and measurements the didnt of course do the depth/angles etc
as i wasnt sure if i wanted them to take the diamond out. but i feel pretty
good that what i have is what is on the cert. thanx so much for your reply
i have learned soo much here and it helped me make a better purchase this
time around.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results