shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this H&A diamond? Pictures included

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

babieblackcat

Rough_Rock
Please let me know what you think?
Pictures below
It''s a 1.4 carat, G, VS1, H&A cut.

Web 246921A.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A perfect diamond
9.gif

diamond_buyer_2004

Rough_Rock
I would take a closer look at the extended clefts in the hearts pic.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
With Val on this one. Two Thumbs Up!!
appl.gif

skibum

Rough_Rock
WOW!

Cheers,
David

icelovr

Shiny_Rock
OK -I give up what is an extended cleft?
15.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 3/12/2004 10:01:02 PM icelovr wrote:

OK -I give up what is an extended cleft?
15.gif
----------------

This is what i did too...

Here's the issue explained (Grading Harts)

Since this was the only questionable feature in the pictures above, I wandered a bit wether it is worth mentioning and decided it would be a case of pure hair splitting. The stone above has such spectacular symmetry - with all those harts and arrows perfect CC of each other ! And the respective 'cleft' does not appear big enough to warrant much comment (I think), which it got anyway
2.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 3/12/2004 5:20:40 PM diamond_buyer_2004 wrote:

I would take a closer look at the extended clefts in the hearts pic.
----------------

Babieblackcat........the above statement is true, but extremely hairsplitting.

The hearts images don't mean ANYTHING relative to light performance - it's just a hallmark of symmetry. Nothing I see there is a reason to reject this stone.

This diamond looks to be a beautiful performer. You've found a GREAT stone.

Nice job.

On a side note, guys: I think that it's easy for us all to get wrapped up in being purists, but I think there needs to be a real consciousness about how those comments can instill doubt in folks like this who are considering stones.

I think the comments about the cleft would be totally fine if someone were asking "is this a true H&A?", "is this worth the H&A premium?", etc. ..... but this guy's question isn't asking about the perfection of the H&A pattern. As written, he's asking if this is a decent stone, and the answer is resoundingly YES!

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
This looks like a beautiful stone! And I agree with Al..... we can get so wrapped up in specs and pictures that we forget that at the end of the day it is about how the stone will look on someone's finger. This will look beautiful, and sparkle like crazy. What more could you want!

Congratulations on a great find
appl.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
In defense of Linda and this particular diamond...

These particular shots are from DI's and happen to be excellent H&A pics. One thing that must be realized here is that these shots are magnified to such an extreme and showing detail that were these shots taken at a lower resolution or pixel count those minute (and I mean minute) clefts would disappear. There is nothing about this diamond that disqualifies it from being a *true* H&A insofar as that is concerned. Kudos on the nice shots Linda (except I would have tried to center the IS image a lil better.
2.gif

Peace,

skibum

Rough_Rock
Now look who's splitting hairs!
babieblackcat, this stone looks amazing.

Cheers,
David

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Rhino - that's PRECISELY what I was trying to say!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
One more thing to add to the 'cleft heart' note...which has come up more than once recently.

I lined up Greg's ACA stone recently to take some pictures under the IS and H&A scopes. I'm looking down into it, and see no clefted hearts. But I take the picture and slightly clefted hearts appear when I uploaded it. It's extremely hard to capture 'picture perfect' images of these H&A, so it's important to not split too many hairs in terms of seeking perfection. The H&A images AND IdealScope in this stone are eye popping, so I would think it would be safe to assume it would be an excellent performer.

It is possible to get too detailed when seeking out these stones, and keep in mind that pictures are not always 100% accurate, so a clefted heart or a not 100% lined up stone can do funky things to the resulting images.

1.gif
I think the stone looks absolutely fabulous!! Good eye.

mdx

Brilliant_Rock
Judging just from the images I would say this is a perfect H&A.
Comments by Al, Mara and Rhino are certainly valid.

In practice it’s extremely difficult to accurately photograph diamonds through scopes. Horizontal alignment ensuring that the diamond, scope, and camera are parallel is critical to accuracy. Magnification as Rhino correctly mentions will also exaggerate even the smallest misalignments.

Johan

babieblackcat

Rough_Rock
Thank you very much from everyone. I just want to make sure this is a beautiful diamond and worth what they said it's worth. Now I feel a lot better after reading the post from you guys......

Teckie

Rough_Rock
barbieblackcat... one thing, speaking from personal experience, if you're buying from Linda, you can't really go wrong.

BTW i think the stone looks great. Linda, you are getting even better at the pics now. they looks so sharp and clear.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results