shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this EC aquamarine?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
It is a gift from my BF''s mom
emstar.gif
Apparently, she doesn''t wear it. I''ve been told it''s a 5ct emerald cut aquamarine, but from this picture that baby looks HUGE!!! Maybe too huge for me??

what do you guys think?

It''s my only photo.

ps: sorry for the duplicate post -- i put it into the wrong forum...
emembarrassed.gif

seaglass1.jpg

widget

Ideal_Rock
It''s hard to tell from the picture...but it looks really nice to me...

Have you seen it in person? If it''s really "only" five carats, I bet you''ll grow into it in time. Otherwise, maybe someday you could have it remounted as a lovely pendant.

I''d love to see some better, more closeup pictures...

Lucky you!

widget

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes I agree it looks very nice. Would love to see a close up of it. Looks bigger than 5 carats, but hard to judge from the pic.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
i do not yet have it in my possession. that was just a teaser sent by my FMIL...i'll update for certain

such a nice gift :)

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock

My FMIL is an indian giver! She thought that it was going to be used to propose and that is why she was offering it. I told my BF that i''d prefer something much more traditional and a diamond so now she would prefer to "keep" the stone.

i wish i had never know about it.
emcry.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s too bad that she withdrew her offer. I wonder why it really matters to her. Does she had any daughters. Maybe she figured she should give it to her if your BF didn''t NEED a ring to propose with.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh I am sorry LL. Perhaps now it will be your something new/blue as a wedding gift from FMIL?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are two threads about this aquamarine ring. I wanted to make sure that they were linked so that someone reading only one of them would not miss out on any news! Here is a link to the other thread.

Deb

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the post to the ebay auction -- that looks like a lovely stone
emstar.gif

I''m not sure why she withdrew, she has no daughters? but it doesn''t really matter. like someone else said, it''s the perfect kind of ring purchase to make for myself!!

ps: this is the woman who didn''t even biother to get me a card when i graduated from law school in may
emangry.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/3/2005 8:32:02 AM
Author: lovelylulu
ps: this is the woman who didn''t even biother to get me a card when i graduated from law school in may
emangry.gif

I had no idea you graduated from (or ever attended) law school. Congratulations! My brother found law school one of the most hideous experiences of his life. When I once commented to him that I couldn''t understand someone quitting after completing a year, he said he could understand quitting the last week of the last semester of law school! (He has been a lawyer for around 25 years now, so I think sticking it out was probably wise!)

Deb :)

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Deb,

I''m glad your brother stuck it out too
emstar.gif
I can understand his sentiment and had a LOT of friends that felt the same way, but i personally really liked it! It''s definately not for everyone, but can be a great experience. or maybe that''s just a romanticized memory
emotion-5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results