shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cjkoethc

Rough_Rock
Hi All!

I''m planning on having the following diamond bezel set into a setting that is somewhat similar to the Ritani Endless Love with the halo. We got the setting before the diamond, so we had to get a diamond that was around 7mm. We ended up picking the following stone and I''m aware that the spread isn''t very good for a 1.34, but I''d like your opinion on the rest of the info. We''re getting this from a very trusted jeweler.

Also, what do you think a ballpark price for this diamond should be?

E.G.L. Certified
Weight: 1.34 cts
Shape and cut: Round Brilliant
Measurements: 7.08 - 6.95 X 4.43 mm
Total Depth: 63.1%
Table Width: 57%
Crown Height: 15%
Pavilion Depth: 43%
Girdle Thickness: Thin to Medium, Faceted
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Culet: None
Clarity Grade: VS2
This line on the faxed report says Nil, I can''t read what is supposed to be Nil :)
Color Grade: H
Flourescence: None
Comments: report number inscribed on girdle

Thanks so much!
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This diamoond scored well on the HCA which is a good start. It is a bit deep and therefore you will lose a bit of spread as you noted, also it is out of round looking at the diameter measurements. Is it EGL USA certed? I think where it says nil on the cert means surface graining which is fine. Just be careful if it is Israel or Antwerp as their grading is generally accepted as being less strict. Also EGL USA is considered by some to be looser on their grading than GIA - which means this diamond might actually be an I or J colour and a SI1 - SI2 clarity. These are just general observations, but if you have seen the diamond and love it and the price is right - get an independant appraisal to make sure the diamond is as represented. Also if you trust your vendor that is worth a lot. I really don't know what a reasonable price would be - depending on the type of EGL certification you can use the PS your diamonds search tool to try to find similar, but generally speaking an EGL certified diamond should carry a lower price tag than GIA. Also check that this diamond is eyeclean, it should be ok but just in case it is in actuality an SI grade. However I have an EGL USA certed diamond and I am delighted with it! Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results