shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rock Solid

Rough_Rock

Hi All,

After months of looking and learning from the site and postings here on the board, I think I've finally found the diamond for the e-ring. I'm nervous about pulling the trigger (it's so much money!) and would like your thoughts on the diamond. Here are the specs:

Round brilliant – GIA cert
2.44 ct
H
SI (the cert shows some inclusion in the table)
60% depth
57% table
Girdle – Med.
Cutlet – Small
Polish – VG
Symmetry – G
The cert also states “Additional clouds are not shown.”
My concern is that the diamond has too much color. Looking at the diamonds side-by-side, I can definitely see the color difference between F-G-H (the range I’m looking in), but will this color difference be as noticeable once it’s mounted? Will it mount white (or close to white)? Also, what do you think of the cut and clarity? The cut seemed fine to me (looks brilliant, etc.) and the clarity seemed eye clean, but I don’t think I could really tell difference either way. Last, but most importantly, what would be a fair price for this diamond?

Thanks in advance for your comments!

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Since you are seeing it live you can answer your own question about color: Round brilliant diamonds are graded for color from the side, so well-cut diamonds may 'face-up' better than average or poorly cut ones of similar color due to increased light return. Placing it in a mounting will not change the light return due to cut, though most diamonds look better when mounted.

The depth and table info is good but we really need crown and pavilion angles to make judgments by the numbers. The 'Good' in symmetry may be a slight concern (see here).

If you have a Sarin or Ogi report we could give you more informed data-crunch assessment - but judging it with your eyes is the most important thing - and you're in a position to do that for yourself
21.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
mmm I don''t really like the Good Symmetry...it should be VG or EX/ID in my opinion, polish is one thing but Symmetry can really tell you alot about the stone.

in terms of an H color, I had an ideal cut H and it was spectacularly white, almost too white for me (can''t imagine having a D!)...so I wouldn''t worry about seeing ''color'' in a stone like that. I think H is a great stone color to have...just make sure the CUT quality of the diamond is top notch...the numbers on this stone are good so far except for that Good Symm...but as John noted, a Sarin would go a long way with more info.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results