Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
looks like a nice find :sun:

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks promising from the report.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you found yourself a nice stone.

farmer gal

Brilliant_Rock
It looks like a nice stone, but if it were me I would get one of these stones from WF. They are their top cut line so you know you are getting a knock out, they are a clarity grade higher for the same price with the pricescope discount.

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-2581085.htm

This one is $53 more

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-2531870.htm

They also have gorgeous settings at reasonable prices. If you are interested I would call and place them on hold while you are thinking about it. Maybe they would compare the two of them to tell you which one is better.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
farmer gal|1311941848|2979668 said:
It looks like a nice stone, but if it were me I would get one of these stones from WF. They are their top cut line so you know you are getting a knock out, they are a clarity grade higher for the same price with the pricescope discount.

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-2581085.htm

This one is $53 more

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-2531870.htm

They also have gorgeous settings at reasonable prices. If you are interested I would call and place them on hold while you are thinking about it. Maybe they would compare the two of them to tell you which one is better.

OP is in New Zealand - would need to inquire about import taxes/fees/duties, shipping, etc.

scepture

Rough_Rock
The OP's stone (from BN NZ) is presumably set in NZ dollars, so the OP's first listed stone is $8304 NZD or $7289 USD (using the recent exchange rate). Just as a matter of reference (excluding any tax/import fees, etc), the stone that was listed above on WF is $8304 USD (wire w/PS discount) which is $9460 NZD. The difference between the two stones is actually $1156 NZD, which is quite a bit.

callalily

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for the feedback everyone - I had had a look on WF, and they did all seem more expensive for the same thing. But you say that the Bluenile one is listed as $8304 NZD - for me, it's showing up as $9555 NZD! Do they adjust the prices based on IP address or something?

callalily

Rough_Rock
Because I think I'd still have to pay 15% tax on the one from BN, the WF ones might actually be more economical? E.g. that first one, at $8304.90 USD, would be about $9460 NZD plus about the same amount of tax? I'll just have a look at both international shipping policies...

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
callalily|1311998597|2980323 said:
Thanks so much for the feedback everyone - I had had a look on WF, and they did all seem more expensive for the same thing. But you say that the Bluenile one is listed as $8304 NZD - for me, it's showing up as $9555 NZD! Do they adjust the prices based on IP address or something?

Difference is in branding, and vendor policies. The WF ACAs are guaranteed to be precision cut w/ high optical symmetry such that they show well-formed hearts and arrows patterns - can see the hearts in the pic on the website. BN claims their signature stones are H&A, but won't provide any documentation or further reasoning to support the claim, so.... I know BN USA now offers upgrade policy on signature stones, not sure about internationally? I do know both WF's have upgrade/trade in/buyback policy, and since they're in-house a rep can inspect them for you, answer questions, which BN can also do on their signature stones, which are in-house - WF will take more pics, etc., if you need, BN will not.

You've picked an AGS stone, which is about as good as it gets when you're buying blind without any pics or a professional's opinion - lots of extra info on the report that GIA doesn't provide. I would feel very comfortable buying that particular stone, and planning to make use of BN's generous return policy if the stone wound up not meeting expectations.

callalily

Rough_Rock
Okay, WF is starting to sound better and better. And it seems like the prices for the two (at least as they appear to me) are essentially equivalent, except for the $135 shipping from WF. We've put the first one from WF on hold, and I think we're leaning towards that one now. Thank you so much everyone, your help is very much appreciated!

wsnow97

Rough_Rock
Nice find.

callalily

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for the WF recommendation... we just got the first linked stone (1.12 ct VS1 I colour) and it's really beautiful :D

Now I just have to hold my breath that nothing will go wrong as a jeweller in NZ puts it in a setting that I already have - can't get insurance for that here, someone please reassure me that chipping/damage is unlikely? :S

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results