shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondnovice

Shiny_Rock
A friend of mine asked for my help in finding a diamond for his girlfriend''s engagement ring (she has no clue!!!
3.gif
) The only input he gave me was that she thinks my diamond is way too large (and I only have a 0.90 ct diamond
sick.gif
) and he also wanted to stay within the F-G color range and VS1-VS2 clarity range.

I came up with this diamond which is a

0.70 ct
G-VS2
5.73x5.76x3.50
Depth: 61%
Table: 56%
Polish: ID
Symmetry: ID
Culet: Pointed
Girdle: faceted 0.9-1.7%
Fluorescence: Negligible
Culet: Pointed
Crown Angle : 34.2°
Crown %: 15
Pavillion Angle : 40.8°
Pavillion %: 42.9
Lab Comments: None
Price: $2717

He is having it sent to Martin Fuller for an appointment this Monday but I thought I would ask opinions here.

Here is the link to the diamond.
http://www.dirtcheapdiamonds.com/diamond_detail.cfm?did=6859237

Opinions????
wavey.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Looks great from the numbers! It should be a sparkler! Martin Fuller is very reputable! Your friend will be impressed, I am sure!
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stone looks good to me. No idea whether taht extra bit of perfection one may ask from the H&A patern is worth any more effort, if that "stock picture" matches what this stones produces (which has great chances to be so).

You do not mention a budget for this trick, and THIS little rock seems to make a great point of reference for what one may aspire to given the 0.7-0.8 cts, F-G, VS reference. Not that THIS is any worse: a bit bigger for the same cost.

Among the stones at DirtCheap, THIS stone seem sto have a slightly better defines H&A signature, but the difference from your stone may not be at all significant. No onbjections here
2.gif

diamondnovice

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the opinions. Just to let you know, the reason I went with the one I recommended from Dirt Cheap Diamonds instead of this one HERE is I like diamonds with the depth at 61% or below. They look bigger that way.
9.gif

The only big thing I was concerned about with the one I recommended is the girdle thickness because it goes down to 0.9% which is considered thin (but on the upper range of thin).

I will let you know what Martin says on Monday.
wavey.gif

diamondnovice

Shiny_Rock
Well, the verdict is in and Martin couldn't say enough good things about the stone. So, my friend immediately purchased the stone over the phone and brought it to Quest Manufacturing jewelers. In a couple of hours they had it set for him in a "temporary setting" which is a simple gold band with a 4 prong platinum head. His plan is that after he gives her the ring, he will have her pick out the final setting.

I get to see the ring tomorrow because he is going to bring it into work to show me. (I threatened him if he didn't
16.gif
) I can't wait until he gives it to her!!! I work with his soon to be fiance and I would love to see the look on her face since she absolutely has NO CLUE he bought her an e-ring!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results