shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this diamond Sarin and GIA report

nappyloxs

Rough_Rock
Can you please advise me on this diamond? It gets a 1.5 HCA. Although all the specs are not "perfect" it looks like a pretty good one. Thanks

d-1067mw_aset_report.jpg

Attachments

• d-1067mw.pdf
    728 KB · Views: 75

SirGuy

Shiny_Rock
It's not bad at all. It is a 60/60 stone. With that bigger table, shallower crown angle, shorter stars, and shorter crown depth, you may see more white light return (brightness) compared to dispersion (fire).

Who's the vendor? :read:

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Since I am a lover of dispersion this diamond is probably not to my taste, but it grades as an excellent cut via the Sarin report and also is predicted to get an AGS 0 light performance grade in Diamcalc. Just looking at the numbers and the low crown angle I expected it to fare worse than that.

Actually it did right up until I entered in the pavilion depth and that brought all into balance and jumped up to a predicted AGS 0 light performance grade.

All of which means little, except that it is going to be a stone that blows some people away, and leaves others cold for its probable lack of dispersion.

Be sure you get to look at it with the privilege of returning it if you do not like it.

Wink

nappyloxs

Rough_Rock
Wink|1405046091|3711048 said:
Since I am a lover of dispersion this diamond is probably not to my taste, but it grades as an excellent cut via the Sarin report and also is predicted to get an AGS 0 light performance grade in Diamcalc. Just looking at the numbers and the low crown angle I expected it to fare worse than that.

Actually it did right up until I entered in the pavilion depth and that brought all into balance and jumped up to a predicted AGS 0 light performance grade.

All of which means little, except that it is going to be a stone that blows some people away, and leaves others cold for its probable lack of dispersion.

Be sure you get to look at it with the privilege of returning it if you do not like it.

Wink

Thanks WInk.

The AGS 0 is what really got me.

nappyloxs

Rough_Rock
SOMEONE reserved this ring. WHAT are the odds. They probably saw this post since there were 100 views and only 2 comments. It got reserved at 2 a.m.

I am pissed right now.

SirGuy

Shiny_Rock
That is frustrating! There are people known to lurk and then jump on recommended stones.

However, there are other fish in the sea. That stone is good but not one in a million. We'll help you find one if that reserved one doesn't become available again.

What vendors are you considering? What are your preferences and parameters for the 4 C's, and your budget? That'll give us a better idea for the net to cast.

CanuckAB

Shiny_Rock
You may want to reserve stones that you really like before posting anything here in future. Sorry it was snatched out from under you. It may become available again but maybe there's a BETTER one in your future! Don't get discouraged!

nappyloxs

Rough_Rock
SirGuy|1405098685|3711443 said:
That is frustrating! There are people known to lurk and then jump on recommended stones.

However, there are other fish in the sea. That stone is good but not one in a million. We'll help you find one if that reserved one doesn't become available again.

What vendors are you considering? What are your preferences and parameters for the 4 C's, and your budget? That'll give us a better idea for the net to cast.

Thanks Sirguy and Canuck. I thought it was reserved when I pulled the report, but it wasn't. I was actually going to do the in-store preview with Ritani, the dealer, and just timing issues held up me doing that. (I was at work, the gemologist was off work, I had to provide a credit card, which I did not have at work, etc...).

As for the lurkers, Karma is a B, what comes around goes around. It may get released and my person at Ritani is keeping track of it. She told it is was reserved at 2am in California.

I agree there will be others, and I will be redacting all info from the images next time.

My perimeters were
budget 8K on the rock.
G to F color
1.00 or more carat
VS2, maybe S1 if eyeclean, but prefer VS2 or higher
as close to H&A as possible.
otherwise, EX cut, Ex to VG polish,

I really like the whiteness in the F colors I have seen. I have gone and looked at diamonds a few times at Hyde Park jewelers (Ritani partner, but more so I met the GM of the store) and another small jeweler. With that said, I know some H and G can be be just as white.

I would also consider a cushion shape, but haven't research those characteristics as much as round. She wants the cushion French Ritani Halo split shank.

After 7 years on and off, up down, and every other way possible, I am really trying to get her the most perfect diamond possible since she deserves so much more.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
nappyloxs|1405092429|3711395 said:
SOMEONE reserved this ring. WHAT are the odds. They probably saw this post since there were 100 views and only 2 comments. It got reserved at 2 a.m.

I am pissed right now.

So sorry this happened but it is very common that diamonds get 'poached' once they are up for discussion, but poaching isn't really the right word as any stone is fair game without a deposit, that is a real shame you weren't in a position to start the transaction without your card. I know it's frustrating but it wasn't the one, you will get a diamond that is more to your liking I am sure, plus Wink definitely knows what he is talking about!

We will help find you a good one, don't worry! :wavey:

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do believe in fate and that stone was not meant for you. I am certain that you will find a better stone with the help of the PS family. Hang in there.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results