shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this diamond bangle?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
What do you guys think of this diamond bangle? It''s got three stones 0.50 ctw. The center is 20 points and each side is 15. Do you think it would look better with 25 to 30 point stones? What do you think about a 5 stone version of this in like 20 to 25 point stones?

/idealbb/files/bangle.jpg

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
The 5 stone version sounds awesome...

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Do you think spinning would be a problem with something like this? Would the diamonds always end up on the inside of the wrist?

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
I also vote for the 5-stone. I think it would look better with all the stones in the same size, too. But that's kind of a personal pref...

As for turning on the wrist, since it's not a round bangle, but oblong, it will most likely stay put. I love oblong bangles, also because I find them more comfortable with my wrists on the computer wrist pad all day long.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
OK that's it Noobie. You're just showing off or you are in the doghouse. Seriously. nothing says it like flowers. (except diamonds!!!) One day I'm going to come across your wife-and believe me I'll recognize her because of the jewelry. And I'll whisper......N O O B I E .... as I casually stroll by.

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
I'm using Jennifer's excuse of prices going up
1.gif
. I need a birthday present in the next 5 months so I figured I'd start looking around and take my time. Make 1.5% interest in the bank or watch prices go up 10%. No brainer. Of couse if I come across something I'll have to hide it for awhile. I did get a hint this weekend that bangles were preferred over tennis bracelets.

Hmm, I kinda like 5 stone as well. Platinum or 18K white gold? I'm thinking the self burnishing nature of the gold will hide scratches better.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Sounds beautiful.

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
I'm a big fan of white gold. I think that will be beautiful too!

JC

Shiny_Rock
I agree, that's really personal preference. However, I will say that is a beautiful bracelet. My wife would like to own that. She loves bangles. Good choice. Good luck...

wavey.gif

toadsmith

Rough_Rock
That bracelet looks great. You want to take a close look at the construction and thickness along the entire bracelet. With this type of setting a poorly made piece will cost you in the end. Also, be prepared to have stones tightened frequently.
Compared to platinum, an 18k white gold piece will look better over time. I would suggest having any white gold piece custom made due to the recent change in international policies regarding alloys used in white metals. If you are buying this from a large retailer, the piece will have been cast out of the U.S. and not contain nickle. The present alloys used are nickle free and REQUIRE frequent re-plating in order to retain its white appearance. If a knowledgable goldsmith alloys it themselves, they could use an irridium alloy which would also render the finished product more tensil strength ( a very important aspect for keeping channel set stones in a bracelet such as yours).
Also, bigger is always better. Five .20ct diamonds sounds like an awesome project, but don't forget the matching pendant and earrings! The long term benefits are priceless.
love.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I like the three. The diamonds are more like accents though. Did she express interest in a bangle *diamond* bracelet or a bangle in general?

Personally, I like the design. Simple & very elegant - one of the reasons I like the three - the way it tapers on the wrist wouldn't read as well if you used 5 stones. But, the five stones may be leaning towards more of a "diamond" bracelet.

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
I'm vascillating back and forth between three and five. I'm think three now to match the anniversary ring. Do you think 3 equal stones in .33 each or a .33 center and two .25s?

What do think about half bezel setting versus bezel set?

I think she said diamond bangle, three stone not like the etoile style and in lieu of a tennis bracelet.

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Any other bangle fans out there? Not asking about the band (The Bangles) BTW
1.gif
. Dating myself
6.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I like the bangles & bangles.
wink2.gif
9.gif

6 1/2 dozen of the other. The design you posted seems comfortable to wear. Some bangles can be hard to wear & get banged up easier. I like the tennis style because it relates back to the classic line bracelet - ultimately more traditional for me.

I still vote for the three & I like the graduated size. If you look closely, it's part of the design element.

Maryam

Rough_Rock
Noobie,

Did you ever get this bracelet for your wife? It's beautiful. I would love to see how it turned out. Would love something like that for myself.

Thanks,
Maryam

day_lily_me

Rough_Rock
I've been reading this post with interest. I think the bangle that you are looking at is awesome. I've always loved bangles but never could buy one any place since I have arthritis at the base of my thumbs and I never could get one to go over those 'humps'. I had a diamond tennis bracelet though and after I lost if for over 6 months and was fortunate enough to find it again, I decided to take the diamonds out of it and have it made into a bangle. I had to add quite a number of diamonds but I figured that I may lose a stone out of this one but I'd never have to worry about losing the whole bracelet again. I love it.

NewBangle.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Great bangle! Do you mind sharing the size and number of stones needed for your bangle/wrist size? I too have an old tennis bracelet, but I think I will just have a new bracelet made with better quality stones. Did you consider having a bracelet made with a hinge in it for ease of use? Also, did you consider other setting methods (I like pave..but is it practical??)?

Thanks

Sharon

day_lily_me

Rough_Rock
Sharon, I can't remember how many stones it has. I started with 50 stones - it was a gift from my Mother. The stones were of very high quality - not the usual stuff you see in most tennis bracelets. But I will say that the stones that he had to add are not as good quality as what I started with. The whole total carat weight now is 6.65 carats. I did think about having a bracelet that was hinged and I also thought about one that was oval so that it wouldn't turn. But I have another very wide bangle that I had made and it is just completely round and I love it so I wanted something similar in construction to that. I took the jeweler a picture from a jewelry magazine that I found and told him I wanted one like that except that instead of the diamonds just being across the top, I wanted them all the way around. It took him a while but it turned out very well and I'm very happy with it. It's 18K and I had the gold from an old Rolex bracelet to my watch that I had replaced.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I really prefer the 3. That sleek, minimalist look works better with fewer stones, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results