shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this design? What changes would you make?

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
A few months ago, I re-did my engagement ring without upgrading the center stone. When I received the ring, I decided to go ahead and get a bigger center stone. Therefore, they are re- casting the entire ring and I have the opportunity to make any changes. The stone you see in the pics is 1.2 and I will now have a 1.8. So, would you make any changes? overall, I really like the ring— the only drawback is that I feel that from the top view, it doesn‘t look unique enough. 17114F8B-80C7-44A8-A575-A2BAF73D1F51.jpeg 239E9FB9-5F90-438B-9E31-EA2350A9ACF9.png

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well i for one think it looks gorgeous!

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, absolutely beautiful. The profile is so detailed. What about the halo would you be looking to change? Did you want more milgrain, perhaps on the inside lip of halo? Or a different shape altogether?

I like that the top down looks fairly plain (blingy but not detailed), and then BAM! Profile view shows a whole different flavour.

But, if you wanted a more ornate halo, something like this? I have the top right setting so am partial to it. 20200828_165209.jpg

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous, and I love the suggestions from @737lizakg. My only thought would be that if you change the design on top, your engagement ring might not match as well with your wedding band. At present, they look perfect together.

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, absolutely beautiful. The profile is so detailed. What about the halo would you be looking to change? Did you want more milgrain, perhaps on the inside lip of halo? Or a different shape altogether?

I like that the top down looks fairly plain (blingy but not detailed), and then BAM! Profile view shows a whole different flavour.

But, if you wanted a more ornate halo, something like this? I have the top right setting so am partial to it. 20200828_165209.jpg

Hello!! Wonderful thoughts!! I feel the same way- the top view is a little plain. I do want a more ornate halo— BUT I want a waterfall halo on the side, so I am a bit limited. I basically want an ornate halo with a waterfall edge and I cannot find a pic anywhere.

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock

Where did you get those fantastic pic?

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Those pics are all pulled from KNOX jewellers in minnesota.

H

Horsegirl76

Full disclosure that I’m a total solitaire girl, but I think your set is perfect as is. I think you have to be careful of overpowering your new diamond. It will be bigger and you don’t want to lose it in too much detail. Just my modest opinion. HTH.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your current set is gorgeous!

If it ain't broke..... ;)2

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
Full disclosure that I’m a total solitaire girl, but I think your set is perfect as is. I think you have to be careful of overpowering your new diamond. It will be bigger and you don’t want to lose it in too much detail. Just my modest opinion. HTH.

I met my jeweler today and she said the same thing

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful set! What about changing the proportions? For example, slightly smaller in the shank stones and tiny bit larger in the halo stones? Would that give you the “oompf” you are looking for?

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful set! What about changing the proportions? For example, slightly smaller in the shank stones and tiny bit larger in the halo stones? Would that give you the “oompf” you are looking for?

Great thought. Thanks!

Lovely set! I wonder if you might want to create a slight gap / airline / bezel / milgrain bezel between your stone and the halo? I think that helps the stone pop more against the halo instead of looking like a sea of sparkle, not that there’s anything wrong with a sea of sparkle but since you’re going big with the stone might as well as show that baby off ;-) I do love the side view of your ring though, I think it’s gorgeous.

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely set! I wonder if you might want to create a slight gap / airline / bezel / milgrain bezel between your stone and the halo? I think that helps the stone pop more against the halo instead of looking like a sea of sparkle, not that there’s anything wrong with a sea of sparkle but since you’re going big with the stone might as well as show that baby off ;-) I do love the side view of your ring though, I think it’s gorgeous.

I second that. I think a bezel or airline will really accentuate the center and give it an overall more vintage look.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results