shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this asscher?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, I am think of buying a small asscher cut diamond and I need some opinion. What do you think of this asscher? I don''t have pictures though:

Measurements: 5.14 X 5.04 X 3.47mm
Weight: 0.76carat
Depth: 68.8%
Table: 55%
Girdle: Very Thick
Culet: None
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Good
Colour/ Clarity: D VS1
Fluorescence: Medium Blue

Is a Symmetry rating of "Good" something to avoid? Should I be concerned about the Very Thick Girdle (What''s the % for Very Thick anyway)?

Thank you!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
You could be paying for 0.10ct of excess weight in the girdle - ie a .66ct.

The stone seems to be pretty lumpy - I suspect it would leak like a sieve thru an ASET or ideal-scope.

Can you get an image?

Havce you seen small asschers? They only really impress my eyes over 1ct

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yup the girdle is the red flag with this stone. Asschers face up smaller than other stones, so you want to avoid a very thick girdle. We don't judge them by specs alone, if you can get us a pic of the stone that would help. I bought a .92 from GOG and put it in a halo setting for a RHR and it's plenty big. But if you go too small, you don't get the full effect of the patterns, windmills etc.. HTH, good luck!!!
1.gif

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All,

Thanks for the help so far. Unfortunately I have no pictures as this is a stone from a jewelry store. What would be the percentage of a Very Thick girdle? 3%? 4%?

Thanks!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
it depends a little on the size of the stone... maybe 6-8%, depending on whose definition you're looking at.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results