shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this 1.4CT I SI1?

lolhalo

Rough_Rock
Hi guys,

I am a long time lurker :D and am looking for a value for $$ stone for my lady.

Here are my concerns, was thinking of going for an I colour.. when the diamond is set faced up, would the colour difference, say compared to E-G be obvious?

Also in regards to this particular diamond I am concern on the cut, as the H&A doesnt look too good, however the ASET does look ok?? It also has medium blue FLR and there are some comments on the clarity pertaining to clouds...Let me know if this is a good buy!!

Please find the dimensions, Idealscope and ASET as per below!

Thank you very much in advance :clap:

aset_15.png

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
More info required

ADN

Shiny_Rock
Trade
lolhalo|1450873264|3965262 said:
Hi guys,

Here are my concerns, was thinking of going for an I colour.. when the diamond is set faced up, would the colour difference, say compared to E-G be obvious?

Also in regards to this particular diamond I am concern on the cut, as the H&A doesnt look too good, however the ASET does look ok?? It also has medium blue FLR and there are some comments on the clarity pertaining to clouds...Let me know if this is a good buy!!

Hi - I can't comment specifically on this stone as I'm in the business and it would break forum rules - so I will speak generally.
Nothing wrong with an I colour - - can face up quite white - yes you will notice a difference between an E & I side-by-side...but colour is a personal thing, and if you (she) don't mind a hint of colour, then it's all good. I don't know what your budget is, but it's a pretty significant price jump from an I to a G+ so keep that in mind.
If you're thinking of any smaller side stones (in a halo or the band), make sure you put like with like - you don't want E/F smalls with an I colour centre stone as you will notice a difference. Also a yellow gold setting can mask a bit of colour if your SO wears yellow gold - face up colour not usually an issue with an I, but if you're a bit sensitive to colour and she wears YG anyway...

FLR - anything medium+ blue usually not an issue

Additional Comments - - additional comments about the clouds and pinpoints shouldn't affect the clarity at all - it's just that when the graders plot the inclusions on the diagram, they only put on the main inclusions that set the clarity grade and help identify the stone. The comments are there to make the viewer aware of them, and to assist in identification, but are usually nothing to be concerned about. If you are concerned, ask for some close up images if you can't see the stone live. However, generally in VS1+ goods you aren't going to see a thing without magnification so not likely an issue.

I won't comment on cut as that would be getting too specific - - others on PS will jump in here to fill the gap for you.
Same with letting you know if "this is a good buy" - - you will probably want to let the folks on PS know what the price is before they can give you an indication of value for money.
Hope this helps

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can barely see the GIA report, but if that crown angle is above 35 and the pavilion angle 41, that is why it has leakage. I personally wouldn't buy that stone.

Here are the parameters I use:

table: 54-58

depth: 62-62.3

crown angle: 34-35.0

pavilion angle: 40.6-41.0 (41 works if crown angle is closer to 34)

miraj

Rough_Rock
Bad ASET. Should be red under the table. Reject.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ADN|1450876526|3965270 said:
Hi guys,

Hi - I can't comment specifically on this stone as I'm in the business and it would break forum rules - so I will speak generally.
Nothing wrong with an I colour - - can face up quite white - yes you will notice a difference between an E & I side-by-side...but colour is a personal thing, and if you (she) don't mind a hint of colour, then it's all good. I don't know what your budget is, but it's a pretty significant price jump from an I to a G+ so keep that in mind......................................................

I won't comment on cut as that would be getting too specific - - others on PS will jump in here to fill the gap for you.
Same with letting you know if "this is a good buy" - - you will probably want to let the folks on PS know what the price is before they can give you an indication of value for money.
Hope this helps

ADN, I believe you ARE allowed to comment on images of unidentified stones. It is just when a particular vendor's stones are posted, other vendors are not allowed to comment.

ADN

Shiny_Rock
Trade
diamondseeker2006|1450885558|3965313 said:
Hi guys,

Nothing wrong with an I colour - - can face up quite white - yes you will notice a difference between an E & I side-by-side...but colour is a personal thing, and if you (she) don't mind a hint of colour, then it's all good. I don't know what your budget is, but it's a pretty significant price jump from an I to a G+ so keep that in mind......................................................

Hope this helps

ADN, I believe you ARE allowed to comment on images of unidentified stones. It is just when a particular vendor's stones are posted, other vendors are not allowed to comment.

Thanks diamondseeker2006 for clarifying that for me...it's a bit like walking on egg shells not wanting to cross the 'line'...can I point the moderators in your direction if I get slapped :lol: - cheers

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Hi guys,

Hope this helps

Sorry DS, that is not true. If the stone is for sale, it's off limits.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
:knockout: :knockout:

lolhalo

Rough_Rock
Sphene|1450875454|3965265 said:
More info required

Hi, what info would you need?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't need more information. It's a pass for me.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ella|1450889308|3965324 said:
Hi guys,

Hope this helps

Oh, goodness, my apologies!!! Somehow I thought I have seen vendors comment on light return images many, many times here. Not sure how I had that so wrong after 10 years!

ADN, sorry about that!

ADN

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Ella - thanks for the clarification
lolhalo - good luck with your search
diamondseeker2006 - no need to apologise...after all...apparently you haven't been doing this very long :lol:
Have a great holiday season everyone

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1450931230|3965612 said:
Hi guys,

Hope this helps

Oh, goodness, my apologies!!! Somehow I thought I have seen vendors comment on light return images many, many times here. Not sure how I had that so wrong after 10 years!

ADN, sorry about that!

Sometimes they do, but when we see it, we remove it. The problem is that often people know what other vendor's images look like, or the vendor is identified later, it's better just to have it a clean policy which is why we say they can't comment at all. ;))

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ella|1450974941|3965788 said:
diamondseeker2006|1450931230|3965612 said:
Hi guys,

Hope this helps

ADN, sorry about that!

Sometimes they do, but when we see it, we remove it. The problem is that often people know what other vendor's images look like, or the vendor is identified later, it's better just to have it a clean policy which is why we say they can't comment at all. ;))

Very true!!! Thank you!

lolhalo

Rough_Rock
Hi guys,

Nothing wrong with an I colour - - can face up quite white - yes you will notice a difference between an E & I side-by-side...but colour is a personal thing, and if you (she) don't mind a hint of colour, then it's all good. I don't know what your budget is, but it's a pretty significant price jump from an I to a G+ so keep that in mind.
If you're thinking of any smaller side stones (in a halo or the band), make sure you put like with like - you don't want E/F smalls with an I colour centre stone as you will notice a difference. Also a yellow gold setting can mask a bit of colour if your SO wears yellow gold - face up colour not usually an issue with an I, but if you're a bit sensitive to colour and she wears YG anyway...

FLR - anything medium+ blue usually not an issue

Additional Comments - - additional comments about the clouds and pinpoints shouldn't affect the clarity at all - it's just that when the graders plot the inclusions on the diagram, they only put on the main inclusions that set the clarity grade and help identify the stone. The comments are there to make the viewer aware of them, and to assist in identification, but are usually nothing to be concerned about. If you are concerned, ask for some close up images if you can't see the stone live. However, generally in VS1+ goods you aren't going to see a thing without magnification so not likely an issue.

Hope this helps

Thanks ADN for your input.

I guess i would have to up my budget and drop the carat size a little.

Btw this is going for $7.5k, as such i was thinking it might be quite the bargain for the carat weight. But as it seems, some have rightfully pointed out that there might be some leakage around the table.. So i might pass on this one :D

Will keep looking :D Thank you!

ADN

Shiny_Rock
Trade
lolhalo|1451027465|3966045 said:
Thanks ADN for your input.

I guess i would have to up my budget and drop the carat size a little.

Btw this is going for $7.5k, as such i was thinking it might be quite the bargain for the carat weight. But as it seems, some have rightfully pointed out that there might be some leakage around the table.. So i might pass on this one :D

Will keep looking :D Thank you!

Hey mate - happy to help.
Keep one very important thing in mind above all else (yes even what we say here on PS ;-) )...if you find a stone you love (or that she loves), don't be too quick to dismiss it...yes there may be a few minor issues, but if you've seen the stone, know what you're getting into, you're happy with the asking price, and you love it...at the end of the day that is what really matters....kinda like marriage perhaps???...sorry...I think I may have had a bit too much holiday 'cheer' tonight... :lol:
And, just so you know, there aren't too many 'bargains' when dealing with diamonds - - so make sure that with any that you find, you're sure to perform your due diligence to work out why it is a 'bargain'
Good luck

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results