shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of these three stones?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I poked around Whiteflash and this is what I found

Stone 1:

Report: AGS
Shape: A Cut Above H&A
Carat: 1.540
Color: I
Clarity: SI1
Depth: 61.1
Table: 57
Crown Angle: 34.8
Crown %: 14.9
Pavilion Angle: 40.8
Pavilion %: 43
Girdle: 0.9%-1.6% Faceted
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Culet: Pointed
Fluorescence: Negligible
Measurements: 7.43-7.46X4.55

Stone 2:

Carat: 1.596
Color: H
Depth: 60.7
Table: 55
Crown Angle: 34.9
Crown %: 15.6
Pavilion Angle: 40.9
Girdle: 0.9%-1.7%, Thin-Medium
Measurements: 7.61-7.62X4.62

Stone 3:

Carat: 1.575
Color: H
Depth: 60.9
Table: 54
Crown Angle: 34.9
Crown %: 15.8
Pavilion Angle: 40.8
Girdle: Faceted 0.9% to 1.2%
Measurements: 7.57-7.59X4.62

Thanks for any input!

1.gif

EdSkinner

Shiny_Rock
Should be 3 great stones. Whatca making a 3 stone ring or a solitaire and a pair of earrings?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Budget? Project?

I looked at those stones while I was considering mine...the numbers on one of the H's and image was pretty stellar if I recall correctly. I think I liked the 1.57 H SI. Also I considered the 1.54 I SI but I was not as interested in an I color without fluor. In the end, decided to save the real size upgrade on the center stone for another 6 months or so...too much going on right now.
2.gif
Then later we'll feel better about spending $$ than right before our wedding!
2.gif

You should also consider some of the Expert Selection stones then. They had a really nice 1.54 I SI Expert with excellent numbers that had MEDIUM BLUE fluor that I was really drooling over. It was much cheaper than the 1.54 ACA as well, for me that was huge. Something like$1500 difference. If the IS image looks hot and the numbers are good, I would spend my money there rather than on the ACA stone. There are also alot of other stones in that range. For $10500 in the Expert Selection, they have a BEAUTIFUL 1.65 H SI1 stone with a tweaked IS image. The thing was smoking. I wanted it. BAD. I would check into that as well.

For me after having my stone now and seeing how my naked eye can't pick up the small nuance that kicked my stone out of ACA running, the ACA name is a nice to have, but I would always check the ES as well! There isn't alot of overlap, but if you can find a stone that didn't quite make it into the ACA brand, like mine, IMO it's an excellent deal.

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your input, Mara. I did look at the 1.65 ct on the Expert selection and it was very nice. It scored a 2 on the HCA. I was actually leaning towards the ACA 1.57 H SI1. I was also looking around for some settings, I was considering the U-Prong w/Accent by WF or the Surprise Diamond Ring by LE.

U Prong w Accent.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Actually if you use the Sarin results on the 1.65 it scores a 1.7 on the HCA rather than a 2. Small variations. It should be stunning, regardless.

I'm not the hugest fan of the U Prong...I think the design is funky and looks awkward.
9.gif

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm not sure how I feel about the 8 prongs total for the U prong setting, so I though of the W prong and if I could put a melee accent in there. I prefer the stone to be set really low. What do you think? In addition, will a 1.65 stone look too big on my size 2.25 finger?
1.gif

W Prong.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE the Fine Line by Le solitaire. Check out the WF thumbnail, its got a huge stone in it, I think it's around 2c. The thing looks like a monster. That stone in that setting on your 2.25 finger will be to die for. Plus it's only around $650 in platinum.

TINY fingers, I am so jealous. It would be much cheaper for Greg in the long run, if I had tiny fingers. HEHEE.

You should get this before April 18 so I can see it!
1.gif

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The fine line is very nice, does it look like it sits up high to you? I was orignally considering an X-prong Vatche but I really like the idea of accents on the side, however if I get that it'll be sitting up really high, don't you thik?

Ah, decisions, decisions.
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
One thing, try on settings to be sure you like the low-look first...I am not fond of it at all..I feel like it diminshes the stone and makes it look smaller. I don't like super high ones either...but I like the diamond to sit up a bit. Make sure you've tried on all sorts of types before getting one, because you may realize it's not what you thought you'd like. Until it's on your finger, so hard to make the decision!
1.gif

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I actually tried on the Vatche x-prong on at Toppers in Burlingame Ave. (Hey maybe when we get together on April 18 we can try on settings?) But how do I work that in with the accent?!!! I REALLY like the diamond accent on the side. I know that if it sits up higher it shows the stone more but I always get that setting caught in clothes, nylons, etc - I'm not the most graceful of people, you know?
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results